Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Announcements
 Major Site Update Sun. Nov. 4/2007

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 04 2007 : 3:43:57 PM
Part of the reason I have not been around these forums much over the past few months is because I have been working on updating the site. That update was finished today and brought live.

9 new circuits were added including a digital combination lock, remote telephone ringer, simple servo controller and 6 more. In addition the commonly discussed errors on some of the older circuits were corrected.

A big update was made to the information on my RX-7. Much of it was years out of date so it was time to replace old images and description. New images of the car are up, as well as a huge amount of pictures (over 500!) and pages of text chronicling the multi-year Project Tina. If you are interested in cars or fabrication, this will be worth reading.

Over in the Misc. section, there's a new page "The Wall Of Pain" which contains interesting and quirky hardware failures relating to computers. I've also added all the pictures taken during this years auto show season.

The description of my computers and network was updated to reflect the new server as well.

There are also a host of other small changes spread around the site.

As always, if you notice anything weird (errors, broken links, etc.) please let me know.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cyclopsitis Posted - Feb 11 2008 : 1:04:38 PM
Oh, I didn't realize they were one in the same! Thanks Aaron!
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 10 2008 : 10:31:11 AM
My "4011" inverter is very similar to the ones posted in long inverter thread. It was just an oscillator made wtih a 4011, with one of the left over gates to invert the signal and two drive transistors.
cyclopsitis Posted - Feb 09 2008 : 10:10:13 AM
I would like to see your 4011 inveter for sure!
derockdion Posted - Feb 09 2008 : 07:05:11 AM
hello pls i`d like you to make the inverter circuit diagram more easier to be designed and also to make it with components that can easyly be found in the market and u can also introduce me to another site where one can get schematic diagrams like this.

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake
I usually have to clean the guestbook of spam about twice a day. No matter what filters I set up, with a few days they are being bypassed. Actuall every form on this site is spammed to hell, but it's wasted effort since everything else must go through my approval before it's displayed.

Heh, I guess you're just a popular guy, you should be flattered to know that so many 'bots out on the internet love you that much to go through all that trouble. I know I would.
[/quote]
SpaceBison Posted - Nov 21 2007 : 4:23:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake
I usually have to clean the guestbook of spam about twice a day. No matter what filters I set up, with a few days they are being bypassed. Actuall every form on this site is spammed to hell, but it's wasted effort since everything else must go through my approval before it's displayed.

Heh, I guess you're just a popular guy, you should be flattered to know that so many 'bots out on the internet love you that much to go through all that trouble. I know I would.
Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 18 2007 : 10:40:26 AM
The circuit is problematic no matter what is done to it since the oscillator is so unstable. But I will correct the diagram as much as possible when I have some time to mess with it.

Really, I should take a stroll through the inverter topic and (with permission of the authors) put those schematics up on the site as well. Also a few years ago I made an inverter using a 4011 as an oscillator driving two 2N3055s (one signal inverted) which worked rather well. I could post that as another option.
pebe Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 10:58:02 AM
If you are going to change the circuit to fix the capacitors, then why not carry out the rest of the corrections?

Remove D1/D2/R1/R2 because they serve no useful purpose.
Fit D1 between C2 and Q1 base (cathode to base).
Fit D2 between C1 and Q2 base (cathode to base).
Fit a 1K resistor between Q1 base and ground, and another 1K between Q2 base and ground.

The note about using tantalums is misleading. Normal aluninium electrolytics are quite OK in that position (when correctly polarised). With the wrong polarity shown in the circuit, the tantalums are equally likely to blow up!
Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 09:35:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SpaceBison

BRING ON THE PAIN!!! I LOVE THE WALL!!! rawrrrr!! You've really out done yourself this time my good chap. Excellent work. By the way, your guest book is full of spam again. Wonderful, tasty, nutritious spam.

quote:
Originally posted by pebe

Aaron, I see the circuit of the 12V to 120V inverter is still faulty - with C1 and C2 still connected with the wrong polarity and with Q1 and Q2 reverse base voltage rating exceeded.
This could prove dangerous. I suggest that the circuit should be corrected or withdrawn.

I'll fix the capacitors (I thought I did that years ago...guess not) but the schematic is fundamentally broken and will always be. That's the main reason there are several warnings on the page pointing the user to the forum topic on inverters. I'm reluctant to remove it completely since it's one of the most popular on the site.
pebe Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 05:22:16 AM
Aaron, I see the circuit of the 12V to 120V inverter is still faulty - with C1 and C2 still connected with the wrong polarity and with Q1 and Q2 reverse base voltage rating exceeded.

This could prove dangerous. I suggest that the circuit should be corrected or withdrawn.
SpaceBison Posted - Nov 13 2007 : 12:57:00 AM
BRING ON THE PAIN!!! I LOVE THE WALL!!! rawrrrr!! You've really out done yourself this time my good chap. Excellent work. By the way, your guest book is full of spam again. Wonderful, tasty, nutritious spam.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000