Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Announcements
 Almost forgot!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 13 2010 : 11:31:06 PM
Happy 30th Birthday Aaron!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Yerboogieman Posted - Mar 06 2010 : 2:38:22 PM
It happens, it's bad, but it does. I'm going to laser quest today around 1pm. Any tips?
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 06 2010 : 11:01:22 AM
Huh, never thought of it that way. Well it's been a week and my card was not cloned again, so I think I'm good.
Yerboogieman Posted - Mar 01 2010 : 12:31:46 AM
I think its a scam. You had someone "steal" your debit card and go from ATM to ATM so you could get your "stolen" money back, but still have the actual stolen cash.

Or you could be an actual victim of fraud. Just a thought. It's totally plausible.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 28 2010 : 10:10:59 AM
At ate at the same East Side Marios last night in Windsor, and paid on a cordless machine with my debit card. We'll see if the same thing happens. Call it an experiment.
codingplanet Posted - Feb 22 2010 : 2:03:29 PM
I agree that there should be a comma. However, I believe that "said" is the past participle of the verb "say", therefore the sentence does contain a verb. :)
pebe Posted - Feb 22 2010 : 11:19:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Ah here it is.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydneys-atm-skimming-epidemic-scum/story-e6freuy9-1225816361240

They forgot to capitalize 'They' after a period. Damn them!

The phrase from the beginning of the paragraph up to the period is not a sentence because there is no verb in it, so the period should not have been there.

Probably the typist hit the period instead of the comma. Forgivable?
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 22 2010 : 09:21:16 AM
I know!
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 21 2010 : 10:38:26 PM
Oh that's so appalling.
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 21 2010 : 9:48:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Ah here it is.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydneys-atm-skimming-epidemic-scum/story-e6freuy9-1225816361240

They forgot to capitalize 'They' after a period. Damn them!
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 21 2010 : 9:35:46 PM
I was making a joke.

That sucks. I hope they catch them. Although, that sounds pretty cool. Not stealing money like that, but building a modified card scanner that sends information to a cellphone.
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 21 2010 : 10:40:38 AM
Damn I forgot to put "soon" at the end of my sentence.

Actually a similar thing happend in Sydney I think. Thieves planted a scanner on the ATM slot and waited for someone to come and withdraw some money. They managed to collect quite a lot of money (I don't remember how much) but they were being recorded the whole time.

Ah here it is.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 21 2010 : 10:14:35 AM
I'm not worried about getting it back because the bank was clear that I would, but I would sure like to know how my card was copied. There was a rash of fraud in Windsor and it was traced to handheld card scanners at restaurants modified with Bluetooth serial transmitters to send card data to a hidden cellphone. And coincidentally, I ate in Windsor just after the North American International Auto Show and paid via debit on a wireless machine...
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 20 2010 : 10:19:02 PM
That sucks. I hope you get your dough back.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 20 2010 : 10:16:50 AM
Yes, often.

My belated birthday present was finding out on the 14th that someone had used a stolen copy of my debit card to have a really good time in Montreal. They were going from ATM to ATM pulling out $400 at a time from 2AM - 4AM until the bank deactivated the card. I had to go into the bank on Tuesday to get a new card and I am waiting for them to credit my money back...yay.
Yerboogieman Posted - Feb 15 2010 : 7:34:07 PM
Is there a day that you don't have a pasta dinner?

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000