Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Sittin On Tha Toilet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wasssup1990 Posted - Nov 23 2011 : 08:28:27 AM
How on earth does this get you 40,000,000 views?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYW6C44zo24

Well I suppose everyone can relate to it.
As a matter of fact Sittin On Tha Toilet now. Not.

A Delorean getting repossessed and clearly a Micheal Jackson fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTiZxNSjow
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Yerboogieman Posted - May 17 2014 : 4:26:42 PM
Haha, my old first gen AMD Phenom x4 PC loads it no problem. I load the Roku app on my TV occasionally without problems as well. When Youtube came out in 2005, before Google owned it, it was absolutely great. Sure there were other sites, but Youtube had no ads, free content, and no bloat.

I honestly don't understand the Javascript comments. Maybe we're just old. I'm 21 in two weeks. I like the cheap Nokia Windows phone so far. Not many apps, but it has the essential ones. The layout takes some getting used to but it's surprisingly fast. The battery lasts, 2days minimum with a lot of use.

Check out this Mac Plus on the Internet. http://hackaday.com/2013/12/13/putting-a-mac-plus-on-the-internet/
Aaron Cake Posted - May 04 2014 : 10:44:49 AM
You're preaching to the choir. So many websites are overloaded with "widgets" and things designed to give clueless web designers server side functionality on the client side, it's becoming a real problem. YouTube is unusable on single core PCs now if there are more than a few hundred comments. I struggle to see why comments need to be supplied by JavaScript.

I admit that I listen to a lot of Leo Laporte's podcasts, have for years. While not in it really for technical info it's interesting programming. But I dare you to visit Twit.TV with anything lower than a 4 core i7. It's so overloaded with "Web 2.0" that it takes 5 - 8 minutes to render on my old TC4200. I've since upgraded my laptop so it's not a big deal but it practically maxes out all 4 cores (i7) while it renders and the fan sure spins up.

I really can't comment on Facebook. I've only seen it a few times. But I hear you on keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts are one of the reasons (one of the many reasons) I will never stop using Blackberry.
Yerboogieman Posted - May 03 2014 : 7:47:22 PM
I just hate the new YouTube altogether. It has so many problems. Even on my six-core gaming PC I have problems with it. Half the time, these newer websites where EVERYTHING is java and shockwave crap, most of the links don't work. One of the reasons I love Wikipedia. It hasn't changed, and hasn't had to change because it works so well.

People nag about Facebook changing, but once you actually see the little shortcuts they do that most normal people wouldn't think of, it makes it a lot easier to use, and you can use the keyboard more instead of relying on the mouse. After messing with Linux, I'm all for keyboard shortcuts.
Aaron Cake Posted - May 03 2014 : 10:12:20 AM
Funny, I have no end of problems with Ajax based pages. Especially YouTube comments. Seems about half the time, the content arrives but the scripts do not. Or there is no indication the browser is running some JS parsing the whole page and all functions are not yet available. Or the wonderful YouTube "An error has occurred" error 75% of the time I click on Comments. Doesn't matter the computer, browser nor connection. What ever happened to just serving up HTML? And it's worse on a touch screen
Yerboogieman Posted - May 02 2014 : 10:02:27 PM
It actually is, but I'm not trying to race right into the Instagram or Twitter. I had Twitter, but it was pretty stupid. At least with Facebook it doesn't send you to a new page for EVERYTHING.

That's so Web 1.0 ;) lol
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 30 2014 : 10:20:44 AM
I thought MySpace was making a comeback?

http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/32367.asp#multiview

Then again that makes about as much sense as the industry mouthpieces who say that Facebook is on the way out.
Yerboogieman Posted - Apr 23 2014 : 8:46:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

Wow, been a while.

Not as much activity here as there once was.

I blame MySpace.

What's a 'MySpace'? You mean Facebook?
Aaron Cake Posted - Apr 23 2014 : 10:08:57 AM
Wow, been a while.

Not as much activity here as there once was.

I blame MySpace.
SpaceBison Posted - Apr 14 2014 : 04:48:02 AM
Oh yeah! What's crackalackin' my shizznits? Holla!
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 04 2013 : 06:42:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

My website is looking really sexy and all the pieces are coming together like a well cut jigsaw puzzle. I will probably synchronize the website sometime this weekend. The projects section will be almost complete but only one project will be there. I will add more projects as time goes on.

It's looking quite good with all the nifty fading, but one thing I did notice is that the links at the top are activated by script, so search engines aren't going to be able to navigate and it's a bit confusing for the user when the cursor doesn't change into a hand.

Hi Aaron,
It's great to read your input on this.

When deciding how I would implement website navigation I knew that the route I have currently gone with would be unconventional and not as straight forward as hyperlinks for SEO. It instills a more unique and memorable user experience. Since a growing number of website these days are using Ajax for website navigation I researched into how feasible it would be to make SEO work properly on this approach. It turns out that it can be done but it just requires a little bit more work to set-up than an hyperlink based website. Google is working on creating Ajax crawlers. I believe they are/have creating/created Ajax crawlers to index Facebook comments.

Regarding the pointing finger cursor over the buttons, I have tested that the CSS to produce this cursor change works in the latest IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari web browsers so no problems there. I haven't made all buttons produce the pointy cursor on mouse-over yet.

P.S.
I forgot to mention that SEs can actually completely crawl my website as it stands through the hyperlink based sitemap that is shown at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. This sitemap is dynamically created by a PHP script. As other parts of the website grow, the sitemap will also grow without my help.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 03 2013 : 11:43:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by eze

Help me OB1!!!
Aaron, have you ever fixed a broken hood release cable for a gen2 RX? Mine broke this weekend and the only posts I can find on RX7 Club pertain to the gen3 and advise to go through the driver side signal. Do you know if that fix would work for the Gen2? Let me know if you have any expertise in the matter please!!

Been there, done that. You'll need to reach up through the front of the bumper and wrap your hand around the back side of the latch (the front will be blocked by plastic air diffusers, assuming they are still in place). Once you feel the mechanism, there is a lever along the bottom which if pushed towards the driver side will unlatch the hood. If you have large hands, you may need to borrow a small child or girl and instruct them on what to do. It's a bit of a pain but can be done. Most likely the cable itself has not broken, but the plastic retainer which holds it to the latch has and the cable has simply fallen out. If that is the case, you may also be able to push the cable back up into position while someone else pulls the hood release from inside the car.

quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

My website is looking really sexy and all the pieces are coming together like a well cut jigsaw puzzle. I will probably synchronize the website sometime this weekend. The projects section will be almost complete but only one project will be there. I will add more projects as time goes on.

It's looking quite good with all the nifty fading, but one thing I did notice is that the links at the top are activated by script, so search engines aren't going to be able to navigate and it's a bit confusing for the user when the cursor doesn't change into a hand.
wasssup1990 Posted - Feb 01 2013 : 12:26:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JUAN DELA CRUZ

@johnny,
Goodluck to you pal, hope your interesting website will be done soon. . I am looking forward for it.

Thanks Juan,

Johnny
JUAN DELA CRUZ Posted - Jan 31 2013 : 08:34:23 AM
@johnny,
Goodluck to you pal, hope your interesting website will be done soon. . I am looking forward for it.
eze Posted - Jan 28 2013 : 12:35:24 PM
Help me OB1!!!

Aaron, have you ever fixed a broken hood release cable for a gen2 RX? Mine broke this weekend and the only posts I can find on RX7 Club pertain to the gen3 and advise to go through the driver side signal. Do you know if that fix would work for the Gen2? Let me know if you have any expertise in the matter please!!

Thanks
wasssup1990 Posted - Jan 28 2013 : 11:53:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JUAN DELA CRUZ

hi johnny. . .how is your website?

Hi Juan,
I'm very happy with how it's coming along. I'm working on it almost every day. I'm developing it locally but I will synchronize it with the main server which is connected to the WWW when bugs are sorted out and major features are added. I can't wait to have visitors other than bots come to my website.

Here is the link again:
http://johnnysprojects.com/

It's not finished yet so there isn't much to do which is why I had the website link in my last post for only a few days - enough for some visitors to take a look.

The next website synchronization will have the projects section completed for the most part. Adding projects to the projects section is something that will take more time.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000