Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Power Supply
 battery protection mobile phone charger

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
farahalid Posted - Jan 01 2012 : 3:11:09 PM
this multi-brand phone charger that can display the status of phone battery and can cut off the suppy.. anyone can tell me,how to make schematic circuit for this project,,,???? i use lithium ion as a cellphone,,,please help me,,,

(Edit...Move to Power Supply)
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
audioguru Posted - Mar 14 2014 : 12:15:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by farahalid

I am fascinated how a cell phone battery charger knows when the battery is fully charged such that it cuts off the power to prevent further charging.

If its based on sensing a particular voltage has been reached, i wonder how is that achieved?
Or is it achieved by measuring the state of charge?

Is there a simple circuit to detect a certain voltage?

Please learn about charging a Lithium battery. www.batteryuniversity.com

I told you that the charging IC senses the charging current and when it drops to a low amount then it turns off the charger.
When the charging battery voltage reaches 4.20V then IT IS NOT FULLY CHARGED! It is only about 70% fully charged.
audioguru Posted - Jan 18 2014 : 10:45:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by farahalid

output voltage of my phone charger is 5.6V. which type of battery suitable for my charger?? is it lithium ion??

If your phone is about 30 years old or more then it uses a lead-acid battery.
If it is about 20 years old then it uses a Ni-Cad or Ni-MH battery.
If it is about 10 years old then it uses a Lithium battery.
Why don't you read the label on your battery??

Your phone has a complicated charger circuit inside made to charge its battery. The 5.6V adapter is simply a power supply for the charger circuit.

If you connect your 5.6V power supply directly to a battery then the battery will blow up without having the charging circuit.
farahalid Posted - Jul 27 2012 : 1:27:29 PM
output voltage of my phone charger is 5.6V. which type of battery suitable for my charger?? is it lithium ion??
pebe Posted - Jul 18 2012 : 3:07:14 PM
Buy a 5V DC wall adapter plug. That gets 5VDC from 110VAC. There are thousands for sale on ebay. Cheap as dirt!
farahalid Posted - Jul 18 2012 : 09:39:27 AM
my circuit use 5VDC source but from socket is AC source. how can i change AC to DC,, should i use rectifier circuit,,,how??
remosobert Posted - Mar 14 2012 : 07:27:51 AM
Hi.., I have not found any battery chargers for the lithium ion batteries that charge one cell at a time which will charge a cell that has gone into protection mode. I think your adjustable voltage charger for lithium battery packs that can go up to higher voltages should work. You should have current limit protection and be able to set the amount of current you want to deliver to the battery, if so limit it to about 200 mA. I hope this helps, thanks.
Aaron Cake Posted - Feb 12 2012 : 10:37:54 AM
Have you read any of the information I pointed you to? All the datasheets explain it. These chips base charging rate on voltage, current and temperature. They have achieved full charge when the voltage is at an expected point for the temperature of the battery and current used. Li-Ion charging is well known at this point, and there's plenty of information available via the Google.
farahalid Posted - Feb 04 2012 : 12:39:03 PM
I am fascinated how a cell phone battery charger knows when the battery is fully charged such that it cuts off the power to prevent further charging.

If its based on sensing a particular voltage has been reached, i wonder how is that achieved?
Or is it achieved by measuring the state of charge?

Is there a simple circuit to detect a certain voltage?
farahalid Posted - Feb 02 2012 : 12:15:35 PM
what type of IC that should i use in this circuit??
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 28 2012 : 10:20:45 AM
The IC will include all those functions.
farahalid Posted - Jan 27 2012 : 08:18:44 AM
how can i add voltage and current sensor into my charging circuit ???
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 15 2012 : 10:40:12 AM
It depends on the IC used. It may have a "fully charged" output to which you could connect a transistor to drive a LED or buzzer. Or it may not, in which case you would need to make a voltage switch to turn on the LED/buzzer when the battery voltage reaches full.
farahalid Posted - Jan 14 2012 : 10:41:15 AM
how to add sound and light to battery charger??? the sound and light will ON when battery is full???
farahalid Posted - Jan 09 2012 : 09:51:16 AM
thank you,,,,
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 08 2012 : 10:26:53 AM
The 3rd contact on the battery pack is used to read temperature from a thermistor inside the pack.

Google "lithium ion charging IC" for examples. There are many out there, most coming with detailed datasheets that tell you how to build a charging circuit with them.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000