Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Mazda RX-7s
 Turbocharged NA
 Aeromotive FPR Mounting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bah3592 Posted - Mar 02 2012 : 7:47:15 PM
Aaron

In your experience on your car and others you have seen. Where was the fuel pressure regulator mounted? Mine is attached to firewall above brake booster with a solid mount and i can hear diaphragm opening and closing with a clicking noise inside car. In the engine bay you have to put your ear right up against it to hear it but the sound resonating inside car is very loud. It is plumbed right and is not starving for fuel. Have you heard that clicking before?

Thanks
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Mar 03 2012 : 10:30:31 AM
I'm surprised it makes a clicking. I'd figure the sound would be a wooshing more than anything since the diaphram isn't really in a state of either closed or open, but always changing position based on manifold pressure.

Yeah, the firewall probably resonates it quite effectively. Mine is mounted to the driver shock tower as seen here:

Another common area is on the front of the upper intake manifold. That's the position I am going to use on my Cosmo since it makes for a cleaner install.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000