Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Electronics
 Electronics Repair
 Marshall AVT50 Guitar amp repair

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davidkien68 Posted - Jan 09 2015 : 2:24:28 PM
HI,

I have a Marshall AVT50 which has stopped working. The speaker has been blown but there are also other problems. I can get output from it by plugging a CD player into the CD in jack and unsing headphones in the headphone socket. Both of the clean and drive channel LED's light up but I only get a slight hum from the drive channel through the headphones. The main fuse is OK.

Clearly I need a new speaker, but there is obviously another issue. The guys at Marshall that I've spoken to (parts dept) suggested that the power stage of the amp could be blown. Does anyone have exoprience of this amp/problem?

Richard.

(Edit...Remove spam link...is this a sophisticate spam bot? Curiosity compels me to not close the post and find out if the link reappears.)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 10 2015 : 10:26:59 AM
It does suggest the output stage of the amp is damaged.

Not being familiar with this exact amp, I can only suggest the generic procedure. You need to trace the signal through the amp with a scope, taking not of where it disappears and whether or not it increases in amplitude when expected.

That said, probably the first test is to check the output stage which is probably made up of MOSFETs. If you find signal at their gates, but nothing at the output, it's a fairly good guess the MOSFETs are fried.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000