Low clarity on one channel. Irfp150
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  12:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a sterio 200+200w amp using two irfp250 on one channel and two irfp150 on another channel. But one channel is producing sound with low charity. It lacks punch. When I pass 50hz signal through each channel using multimeter, the faulty one is producing low sound. Why is that. Actually I accidently touched a 200nf box capacitor using a tester. And there was a spark. But capacitor had no problem. Still I replaced it. But sound is really bad. No high frequency on that side

Dany

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  3:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Low clarity and low sound. There'sno high frequency and mid frequency on that side. So I'm thinking the problem is with a capasitor. Anyone know about that

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You're going to have to step through the circuit with a test audio source and a scope to find out where the signal is failing. Common issues are capacitors or it could be the ICs themselves. Start at the input stage and work forward. Of course it could be as simple as a blown fuse. Or like a monitor (as in reference speaker) I repaired a few years ago with the same issue, a bad diode on the rectifier.
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  09:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Today I had another problem. 10ohm 2w resiser from both channel got burned. They were new. At first, it became redhot and then the amp stopped working. Later , when I powerdup the amp it is working fine. Why is that. The resistor was in series with a 220nf box type capacitor. Amp board is of 100w each channel and the speaker is 100w.

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  09:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I found out that low clarity on one side is because of the tone control board. And I don't have a scope. I'm just a beginer.

Dany

Edited by - Ashirdaniel on Mar 06 2016 09:30:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  03:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had a same board. It also have this problem. I replaced that with this new one. Will it be any problem with the power supply?

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  04:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, tone control board had a problem and I was solved by replacing the potentiometer. And the amplifier board also have this problem. Now its producing less amount of treble than the other side. Eventhough both 10ohm resistors fried, they reads 10ohm on multimeter. I checked it by removing those from board. I don't have an oscilloscope.

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  09:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everytime I repair it, check it with my 2 dollar 10w 8" speaker and go to his house. Check it with his 100w speaker box just to find that one side is producing less treble. Repeated process several times. And today I found the fault. speakerbox on the faulty side have no tweeter while the other side have two. A dome and a horn. Thank you friend for helping.

Dany
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000