PA amplifier -speaker pairing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  2:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My church is a small church. With 250 families. >500 people comes to Sunday worship. No pipe organ or any of that stuff. Just have a Yamaha PSR S750 arranger keyboard 12 dynamic microphones in choir and another 4 for pulpit and stuff. amplifier is an Ahuja 250 watts mono. Its not available outside India. Very big in size with respect to power. But it won't get damaged very easily. More than 10 years old. Only the master volume control is scratchy. But its powering four 12" Ahuja fullrange speakers.(speakers not available outside India). 8 ohm 100 watts each. All connected series-parallel combo as 8 ohm. Now we are doubling the speakers. Another set of four 8 ohm 100w speakers. Still powering by same 250w amplifier. So 800 watts fullrange speakers with 250w mono amplifier. The main sound system operator is a 30 year old man . He is a professional in sound system. He owns his own business of setting speakers for functions , lighting decorations etc. Have four 18" subwoofers many many full range speakers etc. He says that we can use 800 watts speakers in 250 watts amplifier and will not have any problems. is it true?. Won't the amplifier get too hot? Won't the speaker get damaged of bad signals. How about the base. I'm the second sound system operator and second organist. I happened to be in this church for 4 years bcos I changed my residence. so is it ok to connect eight 100w fullrange speakers in 250w mono amplifier?

Dany

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I mean, we can connect a 8 ohm 200 watts speaker to an amplifier of output 200watts @ 8 ohm . But can we connect two 4ohm 100w speakers in series on an amplifier with output 200w @ 8 ohm and still get same volume and clarity as that of single 8 ohm 200 w?

Dany
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  8:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two 4 ohm 100W speakers in series will produce the same loudness as an 8 ohm 200W speaker if the speakers are the same kind and the amplifier has the same output level.

Speakers in series sound boomy like a bongo drum because the extremely low output impedance of a modern amplifier cannot damp their resonances.
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  11:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK. Thanks

Dany
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000