New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2003 :  12:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Now I'm Back In!

Anyways Aaron, How are you running your webpage. Do you have a host or are you running it from home?

[] []v[] []D //-\\ (( =[]=

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2003 :  10:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The details can be found at http://www.aaroncake.net/projects/computers.htm

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2003 :  3:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh i c how it is... im not important enuf for you to tell me? well screw u too! but fine! ill read it! but not cause u told me too, cause i want to!

lol! im jp of course! i <3 arron! lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

67 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2003 :  3:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey man, you ever f' with linux?
i had a pos comp, and decided i was gunna turn it into a linux server
well to my suprise it was a REAL pos
90mhz and it didnt even kno what a cd drive was
but i stole a mobo from my electronics class and ii got it setup next to me now and all it needs is a power supply
but when i get it, i kno ima need help prolly
just wonderin if u were gunna b able to help me with that or not

also!
i got a new webcam, so if u wanna c me ever let me kno! lol

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2003 :  12:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been using RedHat 7.2 for the last three weeks at work, and my impression is "what a pain in the ass!". It's not that it's hard to use, it's the fact that every piece of sofware available seems only 3/4 done. Little things like not being able to copy and past in every circumstance, options being spread all over in places that don't make sense, strange program behaviour, etc. And it honestly doesn't seem any more stable then Win98SE.

I may be able to help, I might not. I "cut my teeth" on BSD years ago. The only way to access the 'Net was to TelNet into a university server via a local BBS. But that was a long time ago, and I've been out of the Linux/Unix loop for a while. Windows just plain works, and I have never had any problem with it, so I don't see a reason to switch.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2003 :  3:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aaron:

You are still running off of Win98SE?

Impact:I use Redhat 7.2 but only as a server for the Web Hosting company I work for. I never have any problems with it. :P

Im also a little famliar with new versions on Mandrake and Redhat

Also.. impact.. send a pic to: jadams@dual-tech.com with your new webcam and I will put it on my website so you can set it as your profile pic on this forum.

http://www.jesseadams.net

Edited by - Flamez on Jan 15 2003 3:47:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2003 :  12:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aaron:
You are still running off of Win98SE?

I use Win98SE on some machines, WinXP on others, WinNT4 on my servers and Win95 in the car. I have never had any problem with any version of Windows (though I have never loaded WinME on one of my machines).

quote:

Impact:I use Redhat 7.2 but only as a server for the Web Hosting company I work for. I never have any problems with it.

I have not really had any "problems" with RedHat, but it has also not impressed me either.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000