Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

electroman2000
Apprentece

Malta
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  05:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit electroman2000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

well as already said by others,im going to say this especially for newbies in the subject,there exists no action without an equal opposite reaction,and when transforming energy from one source into another you have to pay the costs of wastes such as heat,noise(humming of transformer which is part of the losses),and so on,so it is impossible to create energy from nothing,you cant demand 100w of power and get 101w,as it is a basic law of physics that there are forces opposing each other in our universe so any unstationary movement is opposed by other forces which could be defined as wastes.

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2005 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A properly designed circuit uses a few more parts than this one to reduce loss and reduce waste.

Go to Top of Page

Jman

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did you get the 68 uf tantalum capacitor from?

Joshua Bardin
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  7:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said before, if the capacitors were turned around so they have the correct polarity, and a diode was added in series with each transistor's base to prevent each transistor from having avalanche breakdown of the reverse-biased base-emitter junction which causes a huge current in each capacitor, then any type of capacitor can be used without exploding. If those changes were made and the transistors have gain far more than their guaranteed minimum, then the project might get 50W of output.

Go to Top of Page

arshad

Iraq
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  1:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiiii gentle men .. i am asking for 12v to 220 inverter circuits .if any one has it please sent it to my email arshad_alsalihi84@yahoo.com
thanks

alsalihi
Go to Top of Page

Jman

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just use a transformer to step up the voltage from 120 VAC to 220 VAC. Use the schematic that is on this page.

Joshua Bardin
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  1:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why make a 120V inverter then add another transformer to step-up the voltage to 220V?
Just use a 220V transformer for the inverter in the 1st place.

Go to Top of Page

electroman2000
Apprentece

Malta
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2005 :  3:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit electroman2000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
well the thing is i do not think that you are understanding how it works,the transformer is the heart that steps up the voltage depending on its specs,so if you use a 220v transformer you will have 220v out,if you use a 110 you will have a 110 and if you use a 60v transformer you will get 60v! it all depends on what transformer you use.

Edited by - electroman2000 on Oct 26 2005 3:30:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

thewind

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  4:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am making a 12VDC to 120VAC 60Hz 0.6W inverter....
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=12SO2ADMJ8CAU29HAA1U14WWU9

my question is how can i caculate he values for the Capacitors and the transistors...I think i should use a 0.6 transformer.
can you help? thanks ^_^

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  7:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you going to power from the inverter's 120VAC that uses only 0.6W? A common little night-light draws 10 times more.
That circuit has its capacitors backwards and the transistors will have their absolute max reverse base-emitter voltage rating exceeded.

Hey! I saw that circuit before. It is exactly the same as the faulty inverter design that we have been taling about on all these pages.

Go to Top of Page

thewind

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  10:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What are you going to power from the inverter's 120VAC that uses only 0.6W? A common little night-light draws 10 times more.
That circuit has its capacitors backwards and the transistors will have their absolute max reverse base-emitter voltage rating exceeded.

Hey! I saw that circuit before. It is exactly the same as the faulty inverter design that we have been taling about on all these pages.

i will be using a car-battery as my input, and the output will be used for a gaming device power supply unit. it consumes 120VAC 12W 60Hz
i made a mistake in the first post.
so this is a "faulty inverter" >_< Ouch.....
please help? what's wrong with it?

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  11:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have said what's wrong with this faulty inverter design in my previous reply to you and a few times on nearly every page of this 14 pages thread!
In this thread I even posted a 500W inverter that I helped fix and it works very well.

Go to Top of Page

cat
Apprentece

Philippines
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  06:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit cat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi I am new hear. I have 2 questions 1) what i need is to make an inverter that puts out between 3000 watts to 10,000 watts with about 30 -70 amps (needs to be able to run power tools , 1000 watt lights, 2" sump pump and a copus(air mover) sometimes at the same time. I don't have any idea on how to design the circuit (about all i know is how to solder well Ha Ha ) I do a lot of small electronic modding ( PS2 xbox stufflike that. I have 2 Vector max 3000 watt inverters 1 that works a little and 1 that fried . I have been studying them but i am man to admit that they are a little above me but I am learning. If there is any one who can designe and maybe hold my hand a bit I would be in ther debt. 2) Now this is off subject but does anyone know how i might be able to build a circuit that would let me decode the channels on my TV. Let me explain I don't want to steal cable I only want to be able to watch what I pay for in one room on TV in the other without renting another box from the cable company. I would not mind it if they were reasonable with the price but an extra 29$ a month and 70$ to bring it to my house and hook it up is nuts. all i know is that the channels I pay for in the living room with the converter box show up in the bedroom on my cable ready TV but they are scrambled but the sound is good . Can anyone help or send me to a fourm dedicated to the subject. thanks Slipknots

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A big 12V car battery can provide 450W for about 4 hours. Therefore you would need more than 22 batteries to provide 10,000W.

Making a 450W inverter would be very difficult for you. A 10,000W inverter would be .....

Go to Top of Page

Kiz1

Nigeria
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2005 :  07:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

(1) corncerning the inverter, can i use a 220v transformer in order to have output of 220vAC, and it has three Dc output wires(secondary side).
(2) The 2N3055 transistor i got was a metal-case type which has only two pins. Now i tested for the base and got that, but how do i know the emitter and collector? Are they both in the other pin? Please try to reply soonestly, i want to finish this project before the end of this month(November 2005). Thanks.

I wold use something smaller but not too small, not 2N2222. Something with 1A collector current at least.
As for resistors, I would think that as base current will be about 100 times less, you can try to increase R3,R4 maybe to 10K or more and get rid of tantalums. Try 1uF ceramics or film caps..

But that is only my guess, remember that! No responsibility on my part... use it on your own risk :))

Handel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000