Page: of 63

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shivick,
Your aki21.50 links are "forbidden".
The Japanese inverters are cute but very low power.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  03:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ohh that one.... try removing http:// that would help. i think there's some problem on my webhosting server....

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

n4nauman

Pakistan
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  08:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is veray intesting circuit
Go to Top of Page

Mbatenzoh

Camaroon
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2006 :  1:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen the above inverter 12/120V but what i actually need is DC12V to Ac230v/50Hz. I will be grateful if you can sent to my email box the schematic diagram that can light bulbs, radio,Tv etc.
thanks for your understanding
Jean

jm
Go to Top of Page

solarcereal

1 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Forum Boys! I've really enjoyed reading all the entries. I've built the original inverter design posted on the web over two years ago. Originally, the protoype is powered by a 12 V motorcycle battery and the most AC I've gotten is 52VAC. Tested the battery to find it had a charge of 11V! The battery is old. I replaced it with a "new" 12 V alarm battery which promptly fried the caps. I reversed the caps but now I have a great deal of heat building up in both 5 watt resistors. I'll try your 500 watt inverter next...Thanks for all the great stories and information!

Alecia
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2006 :  10:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 500W inverter that I fixed has been deleted from that site and replaced with a "fix" by the site's moderator that will blow up.
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2006 :  6:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so people any new inverter ideas yet.
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  3:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm new to this forum and donít know who to talk to or anything. However, I am wanting to build a power conditioner like one of the high end audiophile ones you can buy like PS Audio but you pay an arm and a leg for them. I'd rather spend an arm and leg on parts to build my own because that is just more fun. What I want to do is take both phases (red and black) like a dryer, this way the current draw on whatever is up on the circuit is balanced. I want to run this 3 wire system to a DC power supply to step it down to 24 or 48 volts then use an inverter to make it ac 60hz again then step it back up to 120. This would give the best isolated power. I want some control over the out put ac frequency. I want to be able to adjust the ac sine wave from 60hz to 120 or even 400hz... some of the best conditioners do this because the current required is less and your frequency is still low enough not to cause problems with the skin effect of any conductors.

So if any one has any idea how to build an inverter that can supply 20 amps of current and about 2400W with adjustable Hz that would be great because I donít know where to find the parts or how to even start... hey if any one knows what kind of power supply I would need to deal with kind of wattage and current that would be great too I'm a little lost so if anyone has good ideas send them to me. If you think this is a dumb idea then tell me that too I'm a musician and good with constructive criticism haha. Thanks to whoever has an idea.

Kenny
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2006 :  4:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Power conditioner? Isolated power? Step it down then step it up? Why?
My stereo works perfectly when it is plugged directly into the mains. No problem with my TV too.
Do you use a lousy generator instead of a stable mains?
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  4:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there anyone out there that may have designed or has an idea on how to use mosfet transistors for a simple inverter useing the radio shack 24v 2 amp ct transformer rather then aarons inverter using 3055 transistors. only have to get the right HZ in the mosfet driver circuit.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim,
The transformer is too small for an inverter. The input power will be 12V x 2A= 24W so the output power will be only 20W. It will power less than 3 little night lights.

A pair of Mosfets can be driven by a CD4047 oscillator and drive a 24VAC ct transformer rated for 50A for a 550W load.
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  4:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi again, that transformer from radio shack is the one that aaron said could use instead of winding a microwave trans .
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  4:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i guess what matters is using 3055s as opposed to mosfets , ok i got it .

thanks
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2006 :  8:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your little 24W transformer will smoke if you load it with more than only 24W.

2N3055 transistors have a very low current gain. R3 and R4 supply them with a base current of only about 70mA so their typical collector current is about 3A. Then if the transistors didn't waste power by breaking down and if R1 and R2 didn't waste power, the output power would be about only 36W. If the 2N3055 transistors have their minimum rated current gain then the output power would be less.

Mosfets would not work in the oscillator circuit and would need a completely different design.
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  1:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm , thanks , back to a drawing board for something different as a winter project.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000