Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2010 :  08:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cokaric
Could u check my design ?

What do you want to be checked?
This very simple circuit was designed for 3rd-world contries where modern Mosfets and PWM iCs are not available. It has a crude square-wave output.

quote:
Is it possible to modify it for higher power, like 750 W, 850 W or 950 W?

It is not practical to add more driver and output transistors. A single battery will boil or melt anyway due to the very high current.

quote:
With 500W and 45 Ah battery and consumption of 2,18 Ah in theory it can provide electricity for 20,64 h but I am sure that I would feel effects after only 8h. Is this correct ?

I don't know how many amps it draws from a battery when it has no load.
Go to Top of Page

Aman2009

Sudan
1 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  02:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How to simulate this circuit diagram in the electronic workbench
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  04:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know of the simulator 'electronic workbench', but did it not come with a set of instructions or a Helpfile?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  5:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A simulation program will show you that the simple square-wave inverter's output voltage is not regulated and will be too high when the battery is charged and the load current is low and the output voltage is too low when the battery is running down and the load current is high.

The sim program might show its awful square-wave output waveform that will not power modern electronic products because it does not have the same high peak voltage of the mains sine-wave.
Go to Top of Page

Tinkerboy

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  09:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to build a high-wattage inverter, as well as some type of threshold-relay switch, in order to run my whole house on my 7kw generator, by using its starter-battery to supply the temporary impulse-current responsible for power-requirements above 7kw. If I can make a 10kw or more inverter, as well as a threshold-switch so that it only kicks on above 7kw, then the battery should have enough cranking-amps that there will be no problem supplying the few seconds of impulse-current to get things started (like lights, televisions, microwave etc), since my house rarely requires more than a two steady-state kilowatts at a time, and never more than five. Rather, it's the impulse-current that requires the more heavy-duty 15-20 kw generators to run a whole house. Likewise, the generator already has a function to re-charges the starter-battery.
Do any pro's have any ideas about this? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

yashkhaitan

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please tell me what is the quiescent power consumption of this circuit (12VDC to 220VAC)?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  1:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yashkhaitan

Can someone please tell me what is the quiescent power consumption of this circuit (12VDC to 220VAC)?

Which circuit are you talking about?
Go to Top of Page

vinu673

India
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  06:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello ,
Iam planning to make 2000W 240 V (to work with 1600 W normally) inverter driven from 110 V 75 AH battery , can any body help me by sharing some circuits and experience , is there any idea to limit input current TO 15 A?
vinu673
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  10:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Why don't you read through the topic and look at all the circuits posted? The hardest part is going to not be the driver circuit (many examples in this thread) butthe custom 1:2 transformer. Probably start with a huge microwave transformer and wind on a new secondary.
Go to Top of Page

Waqas

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  06:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Waqas's Homepage  Click to see Waqas's MSN Messenger address  Send Waqas a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Please tell me how can i make a simple 50Hz 220v suply with 12V battery

Waqas
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simple means very poor performance or no performance.
A simple inverter can light an incandescent light bulb or heater.
But many electronic products won't work.

Where will you buy a powerful deep discharge battery? A car battery is designed to deliver very high current for a few seconds and will be destroyed if it is used to power an inverter.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Waqas

Please tell me how can i make a simple 50Hz 220v suply with 12V battery

If you review this topic in which you just posted, you will see many such schematics have been posted already. That's why this topic is a sticky topic; because inverter questions come up all the time.
Go to Top of Page

vinu673

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  07:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is 110v dc 230v ac inverter is possible with a current control on input side?
pl help
Go to Top of Page

vinu673

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  07:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1500-2000 w power?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  10:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not with the schematic shown on the inverter page. There are several schematics posted in this thread which could handle that much power but the output section and transformer would be huge. An inverter in the 2KW range really should be a switching supply, and such a power supply isn't made from commonly available parts.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000