Page: of 63

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  12:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interland

Somebody can tel me how to decide the cycle at tr output for this design ,50Hz,or 60 Hz

The original extremely simple circuit does not work properly.
Its output voltage and power are very low. Its capacitors blow up. Its frequency is not accurate.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6702 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2011 :  10:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NCC74656

Hello, im not sure if this is still active but I would like some input on what parts to use for an inverter i need. I need to build a 12V to 110V at 45A. This is going to be used to power a 40A air compressor, i added 5A as padding but please tell me if i need more. My trucks alternator puts out 175A or 100A at idle and i have a 1800CA battery. I have done my share of soldering and such but never any DIY projects like this. I am looking for input on things that may go wrong and on what size caps/resistors to use to get this amperage. thanks.

Run your compressor with a gasoline engine. Buy an inexpensive 5HP engine, then an unloader valve from any compressor shop.

45A at 120V is 5400W! There isn't even a 120V outlet spec'd to supply that. My compressor takes the same wattage but runs on 240V. All 5 HP motors will be 240V or greater.
Go to Top of Page

mover

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  7:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious if this inverter circuit would hold up to a computer and a 1 gallon air compressor while on a 50 amp sealed lead acid battery.I would like some info on this subject.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  12:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This inverter circuit is too simple so it does not work properly.
It will not power a computer and it will not power an air compressor.
It might power a 25W light bulb dimly.
Go to Top of Page

DjMikiRia

Japan
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  1:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit DjMikiRia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried making this, it did work, however since we use 100 volts 60Hz here in southern Japan it had to be modified. The result was 106 volts @ 90Hz / 425 watts and the transformer did resonate at that frequency so it had difficulty powering any inductance appliances such as power transformers and fans. All else was fine, light bulbs, high speed supplies etc.

Miki Ria
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6702 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mover

I'm curious if this inverter circuit would hold up to a computer and a 1 gallon air compressor while on a 50 amp sealed lead acid battery.I would like some info on this subject.

Electrical power is not measured in "gallons", it is measured in "watts". So without knowing how much wattage your one gallon compressor needs (do they even make compressors that small?!), we can't say. But almost certainly, no, it won't work.
Go to Top of Page

harry504

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  03:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I want to ask Mr. audio guru to please upload a tested circuit diagram of 500W inverter. I am using 12V/120A of Lead acid battery and I want to power the Fans & lights which operates at 220V.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6702 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  10:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harry504

Hi,

I want to ask Mr. audio guru to please upload a tested circuit diagram of 500W inverter. I am using 12V/120A of Lead acid battery and I want to power the Fans & lights which operates at 220V.

There are multiple such circuits already posted in this thread. Just work back from the last post through the pages.
Go to Top of Page

harry504

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  06:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have very little time, and searching 61 pages for that and selecting which circuit is tested will take more time, that's why i need only one tested and working 500w 12V/220V Inverter circuit.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  4:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 500W inverter that I helped fix on another website has a squarewave output so it cannot power many electronic or motorized speed controlled products. It does not have voltage regulation so its voltage is too high when the battery is charged and/or the load current is low. The voltage is too low as the battery voltage runs down and/or the load current is high. It does not stop to prevent discharging a battery too low.
It uses obsolete parts that are available in a 3rd-world country.

It is used in a 3rd-world country where people do not have electricity. A discharged battery is picked up and a charged one replaces it.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6702 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  10:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by harry504

I have very little time, and searching 61 pages for that and selecting which circuit is tested will take more time, that's why i need only one tested and working 500w 12V/220V Inverter circuit.

I was not aware that our time was so much less valuable than yours.

But it's not about working harder, it's about working smarter.

For example, select "Printer Friendly" when you view the topic, do a CTRL-F, and search the entire thread for "500W".

Or use Google to search the thread.

A 500W inverter is about $20 at most discount stores, so that would save you even more time.
Go to Top of Page

guruji
Apprentece

8 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aaron thanks for sharing this inverter schematic. Regarding those caps is ok to do two 220uf electrolyte in series on both sides as a guy said?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  08:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Putting two caps in series will double the voltage rating, but that is not the problem.

When the multivibrator flips state, the collector voltage of the ON transistor will drop by about 25V. That voltage is transferred to the base of the other transistor, trying to take the base voltage down to about 24.5V. As that is more than the 6V maximum negative voltage of most transistors then the BE junction will zener and the transistor will probably fail.
Go to Top of Page

guruji
Apprentece

8 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  4:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then what one should use instead of those tantalium caps? cause these are not easy to find
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  10:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why use tantalum caps? Electrolytics with a 50V working voltage would do as long as they are fitted with the correct polarity - positive to collector.

But like I said - that's not the problem. Ths bases need to be proteced with diodes. The circuit using 2N3055s is rubbish!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000