New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MC BOB
Apprentice

Australia
95 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2006 :  5:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I might bring to light something fairly annoying and potentially damaging. I haven't used the forum in a little bit (blasphemy, I know)so I was pretty surprised to go into the sound forum and discover that my Voice Coil Heating thread was still running......in my name.........me posting...even though I was away.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

To add insult to injury, whover has had my name was spurting crap through every orfice in the body!! So, I wan't to ask all the members of Aaron Cake a favour. If you see posts under my name where they just insult people or babble on about crap or are filled with arrogant ramblings, let me know. It is dissolving the good bonds I have with the members of Aaron Cake, and I don't really want that. So, just let me know if it isn't me, and we can all string up the doppleganger and play piniata....with chainsaws...

Cheers,
Mick

marks256
Mad Scientist

USA
402 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  12:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggest you change your password before someone beats you to it.

Intel: We put the 'Um...' in Pentium!
Go to Top of Page

SpaceBison
Apprentece

23 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  07:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpaceBison's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Schizophrenia could be another possibility. You never know.

Don't like my signature? Click on it to make your own!
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  11:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just did some checking and it seems that all your posts come from the same IP address. Including the "fake" posts.

This IP address resolves to an IP in Australia, Dataco, Internet Service Providers, Australia.

That IP is not responding to pings right now or I would be able to tell you a lot more about it. But clearly it is the same computer. So someone is using the same computer as you are to post to the forum. In which case you should make sure to log off when you are done. Also change your password.

Though I must point out that the writing styles between all posts are remarkably similar.
Go to Top of Page

marks256
Mad Scientist

USA
402 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  2:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, i wonder if this will turn out to be a murder mystery?

Intel: We put the 'Um...' in Pentium!
Go to Top of Page

MC BOB
Apprentice

Australia
95 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  8:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I share my computer with my brother and friends who come over. The reason I haven't been on the forum in a while is I have been on holidays in Cairns, which is a good number of kilometres away from my computer in Townsville. So I don't really have a clue who has been on my computer in a while.

Aaaah, I hope I don't have schizophrenia. That would kind of suck.

Aaron, thanks for doing that man. I appreciate it, seriously. But man, what would I have to gain with pretending someone hi-jacked my name? Or going to the trouble of posting something warning you guys about it in the lounge? I assure you man, that wasn't me. I'd be the first to admit that I was wrong if I was wrong, which I am!

Cheers,
Mick
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  12:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not making accusations, just observations.
Go to Top of Page

MC BOB
Apprentice

Australia
95 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  7:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's cool man, I mean it's your job after all. I just don't want anyone to think that I am trying to make a fool out of anyone here, 'cause I'm not, I swear it.

Cheers,
Mick
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  11:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Mick,

Its me Ken the guy how got the brunt of the... "insult"... I was a little offended at first that someone would be that upset with a reply that I put alot of time into writing. I know what its like to have crap go on with your user name and PW I had it happen on ebay a few years ago. Someone conducted fraud through my acount on a credit card I didn't have. It was a big mess for a while and my acount was deleted. So its frustrating enough! But hey I'm not going to swaeat it and you don't need to either! I believe the saying is "water under the bridge" lets just get back to doing more fun posts!! :D

We are still forum friends. hahaha!

Ken
Go to Top of Page

MC BOB
Apprentice

Australia
95 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  8:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sup Ken?

Thanks man, I appreciate you telling me that man. I thought for a while there that I was in a fair bit of poo for something I didn't do (hey, that rhymes!). But seriously, thanks man. I means a lot to know that you can understand. But holy crap dude, credit card fraud?!?!?!? Man, how much poo where you in for that one? Jesus, I woulda killed the dude!

I'll see ya back in the Audio forum Ken!

Cheers,
Mick

Edit: crap spelling.

Edited by - MC BOB on Jan 05 2007 8:03:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  12:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey! The rhyming thing sounds like something I'd do LOL. With the credit card stuff the bank froze my account until they could trace the transactions and then credit card Company stopped my card. My eBay account was froze and then deleted along with some stuff that I had bought. So it sucked because I didn’t have a card anymore my bank account had to be changed (all new everything). So I lost money and my eBay account info (I had 100% positive feedback after some 500 transactions) I tried to re-apply but because of my age they didn't approve me so I didn't bother for over 3 years. I only re-applied this summer and a few months ago got a new one; YAY!

I got a new eBay account and contacted them about what had happened with my old account because I was afraid it would happen again or that I would not be verified to have an account. They sent me an email about that they changed a bunch of stuff with their account security and that it shouldn't happen again, "cross my fingers"! Ha-ha! So I wasn’t in as much poo as I was inconvenienced because when it happened I had just started school half way across Canada and was in the process of changing everything around and it messed up my student loan info because my account had to change and my account was frozen so I couldn’t pay my down payments for (security deposit, books, dorm room, parking spot ect) WOW it just annoying!!! However, my parents helped me out and the school let me open a credit account with them so they just kept everything I owed on file and before X-mas I think 3 or 4 years ago everything was good to go!

Now I’m in the clear and it feels really good :D
Go to Top of Page

MC BOB
Apprentice

Australia
95 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  8:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken,

Yeah, I'd bet feeling free is a great feeling. No debts or nothing, that'd be great. 100% positive after 500 purchases? Whoah, someone'sa good ebayer!! But why wouldn't ebay let you open another account becuase of your age? too young or something? Stupid ebay......

Cheers,
Mick
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  4:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, I was just noticing that sometimes when I log out of here the next day or so when I come on again sometimes I'm still logged on. This could explain what happened to Mick here. I don't know if this is something with my browser or Aaron's system. Any pointers? This has happened to me a few times but lucky enough I don't have anyone using my computer but me.

K
Go to Top of Page

CurrentOverflow
Mad Scientist

Canada
311 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  5:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see CurrentOverflow's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its the site, keeps you logged on unless u log off, personally i find it great saves me from signing in every time, although if u dont have a computer that only ppl you trust have access to i suggest you sign off every time. :)

~Mike~
Theres 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  10:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In theory, the "Logout" button deletes all cookies related to the forum. In theory. Some browsers may not allow this, and any number of third party "security" solutions can cause problems as well. If you REALLY, REALLY want to log out, delete the aaroncake.net cookie.
Go to Top of Page

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  5:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, I tried that the last few times.. (just deleted all my cookies) and it has worked every time so far. thanks for the info!.. I don't know what a cookie is but as long as their in a jar and not on my computer i'm happy :D

K
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000