please help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aravindj36
Apprentice

India
57 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit aravindj36's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there I am using windows xp and installed ubuntu inside xp but now because of some some space problems i had to remove ubuntu but on startup the choose your os menu is still coming what shall i do

i use intel P4 512mb ram and an 80gb pata hdd my bios is ami

Help me my amplifier is on fire and my speaker is inside a beaker

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  8:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try reinstalling the WinXP bootloader via the WinXP setup disk. Once booted from the CD goto repair and type in fixmbr or fixboot. I can't be sure these commands are correct so type in help to display a list of commands you can enter. WinXP happily overwrites GRUB's bootloader, it doesn't even consider another boot loader than its own to exsit on any hard drive.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  10:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Either just ignore the menu, or boot to the XP CD and then run the recovery console. Type "FIXMBR" and that should do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000