Telephone
 SIGNAL JAMMER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ashok54yadav

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to built a project named SIGNAL JAMMER in prescribed areas for mobile phones as my final year project if u have some ideas regarding this then please forward me on my mail ashok54yadav@gmail.com..

This project is just for educational purpose ...

thanks ......pls share ur ideas with me

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't jamming mobile phones illegal, whether for educational purposes or any other reason?
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  02:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The posession of the jammer isn't, the usage isn't, it's the signal produced that's illegal. As it's the only think that will get you caught. But it's such a blurry area that no one pays attention. I suppose if you walked up to the FBI headquarters and did it, they may do something. Otherwise, it's fine as long as it doesn't transmit more than like 50 feet or something like that. At least here in the states.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  2:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somebody near your jammer might be having a heart attack and are trying to call for an ambulance from their cell phone.
Your jammer will kill that person.

A fire?

A burglar?

Any other emergency?

Why not make something that is legal and useful instead?
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  6:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

The posession of the jammer isn't, the usage isn't, it's the signal produced that's illegal
It's impossile to use the equipment without producing a signal.
quote:
.... I suppose if you walked up to the FBI headquarters and did it, they may do something. Otherwise, it's fine as long as it doesn't transmit more than like 50 feet or something like that. At least here in the states.
So there are such laws in the States, but those in authority won't uphold them? What a way to run a country. It seems the FBI is too busy arranging stings to ensnare innocent people. Such practices are not allowed in the UK where it is an offence to provoke a crime.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-london-12518190
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  10:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
More to the point, if this is your final year project as mentioned, why are you asking for help here? Is not the point of a project to research, understand and design it? Why not start with some basic Googling to find out the frequency range of mobile phones, then their protocol, then RF circuits, etc. Ask your professor if you need guidance.
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  03:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a saying, "More money than sense".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000