Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  01:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I turned 20 on the 26th. This feels kinda weird. In a way, I still have the mind of a teenager (a sophisticated, normal teenager) yet I'm basically in my 20s.

Eh, bound to happen. But I still can't even drink, what's up with that?

As an update, I now work at a Dodge dealership in the detail department. I also do the occasional welding and fixing of random things.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  10:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can't drink, but can drive. US laws are weird. Then again, Canadians can drive before they can drink as well but only by 3 years.

Only issue with being a youthful adult is that other adults will tend to treat you a bit like a child. I see this all the time.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

Can't drink, but can drive. US laws are weird. Then again, Canadians can drive before they can drink as well but only by 3 years.

Only issue with being a youthful adult is that other adults will tend to treat you a bit like a child. I see this all the time.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't drink much anyways. Not a big fan of beer or cheap alcohol.

I'm still the youngest at my work, so I experience that a lot.

But lately I've been thinking. At least I own 2 cars, have a job, and have an awesome (and beautiful) girlfriend.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  10:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very curious as to what angelblue15 was referring to. It's as if the reply was meant for another thread so I can't decide if him/her is a spambot or not.

While I am technically the youngest at my office, I'm also the 2nd most senior behind the owner. Though I guess the first half of the year this was not true as we had a co-op student. Now I should elaborate on the being treated like a child. It goes down a lot to attitude. A youthful attitude makes it far easier for those "adults" around to treat a person this way.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  5:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm very curious as to what angelblue15 was referring to. It's as if the reply was meant for another thread so I can't decide if him/her is a spambot or not.

While I am technically the youngest at my office, I'm also the 2nd most senior behind the owner. Though I guess the first half of the year this was not true as we had a co-op student. Now I should elaborate on the being treated like a child. It goes down a lot to attitude. A youthful attitude makes it far easier for those "adults" around to treat a person this way.

That was something I posted awhile ago when were talking about HIDs in the Cosmo.

The only time I'm treated like a kid at my work is by my immediate co-workers. Otherwise, I can talk to the owners, mechanics, and my ex-coworkers' husband who helped me get the job, etc. and be treated decently equal. But I'm also looking for a way out of this place ASAP.

I need a new job, within my field, that I went to school and spent a bunch of money for. *sigh*

33 is the youngest? I still can't imagine you being treated like a kid. Haha

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2013 :  02:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since we're on the topic I thought it would be good to share my experiences.

Near the end of last year I started looking for work in the area in which I was studying - computer science. I also have a degree in electronics engineering but decided to find a job in computer science and keep electronics as a hobby primarily until I am ready to start my own business. A company contacted me back only a few weeks after I started looking for work and we did a face to face and technical interview. I got the job no sweat. Basically I work in a team of which I am the least experienced. I have wondered why I was employed for this reason but I have come to the conclusion that they saw something good in me. In a few weeks I will be graduating from Uni and then I can start working 5 days a week. It has all gone swimmingly. My Uni friends are still looking for work.

When looking for work, potential employers like to see evidence that you can do the work that they require. Prove it to them! That's my advice anyway. I haven't even graduated yet and I still managed to get a good job as a Software Developer.

Yerboogieman, what were you studying?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Jun 16 2013 03:00:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2013 :  9:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Since we're on the topic I thought it would be good to share my experiences.

Near the end of last year I started looking for work in the area in which I was studying - computer science. I also have a degree in electronics engineering but decided to find a job in computer science and keep electronics as a hobby primarily until I am ready to start my own business. A company contacted me back only a few weeks after I started looking for work and we did a face to face and technical interview. I got the job no sweat. Basically I work in a team of which I am the least experienced. I have wondered why I was employed for this reason but I have come to the conclusion that they saw something good in me. In a few weeks I will be graduating from Uni and then I can start working 5 days a week. It has all gone swimmingly. My Uni friends are still looking for work.

When looking for work, potential employers like to see evidence that you can do the work that they require. Prove it to them! That's my advice anyway. I haven't even graduated yet and I still managed to get a good job as a Software Developer.

Yerboogieman, what were you studying?

I'm studying Information Technology and programming. I want to study some electronics stuff too, but not too sure about that. I'm applying at a local computer shop called Puget Systems based out of Auburn soon. As long as they don't need me to know Novell, I'm good. But I absolutely hate Cisco. With a passion. Cisco is the reason I took a break from school.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine any modern IT course requiring Novell. Sad to say that Novell is fairly over in the real world. Incidentally I have only one customer left with a Netware server and it will be shut down soon.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  12:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't imagine any modern IT course requiring Novell. Sad to say that Novell is fairly over in the real world. Incidentally I have only one customer left with a Netware server and it will be shut down soon.

I feel like I am going to go to that one business that still uses Netware. 'HairMasters' still uses dial-up.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  10:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The old NW4.11 server is still running, keeping just a few buildings left over in their oldest property management application accessible. Mainly for looking up historical data at this point. I'm just waiting for the go ahead to move that data to one of the new servers as maybe 1 person per day runs this application.

As it is, the program is so damn old that the only way to run it is by using Virtual PC to virtualize Windows 98, the newest OS the thing will tolerate.
Go to Top of Page

eze
Apprentice

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  10:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goddamn, its been so long since I have had a spare moment to come peruse this forum and all it did was make me feel old!

Life is like a box of farkles
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  12:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This is us. Right now. http://xkcd.com/1305/

Also, it is Aaron Cake Day. 1228.

Edited by - Yerboogieman on Dec 29 2013 12:46:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  10:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There is always a relevant XKCD.

It's been slow here lately. Then again it's been slow on every forum I visit.
Go to Top of Page

eze
Apprentice

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  2:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Aaron, I finally got all the holes in my Gen 2 RX7 Done. Now I am waiting on a new carpet from ACC.

Wish me luck

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  2:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly, good luck fitting that carpet. My ACC carpet didn't even come close to fitting. Even after leaving it out in the sun for days, trying a heat gun and trying to mold it, things like the seat rail moldings weren't even close. After a week of messing with it I finally got an acceptable fit with the bad areas being hidden by the seats. If yours was anything like mine, it won't be a pleasant experience. Then again, for $200, I guess one can't complain as the factory carpets are over $2000 at the dealer.
Go to Top of Page

eze
Apprentice

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I am not looking forward to it but, considering that the OEM carpet is no longer available anywhere I have looked (Canada and US)

I even source a local JDM guy who couldn't even find a new\unused OEM carpet in Japan.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000