New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vaironl
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  9:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello everyone,

I recently stumbled upon Mr. Aaron's videos and I was hooked for various reasons. I recently purchased a car (Toyota Yaris) and since then started to attend car meets as a way of going out. I'm not the most social person and thought of it as an obligation, since I would literary head home from work or vice versa. I, however, got hooked into how much effort people placed into these cars and how everyone greeted me and there was no bad atmosphere around.
I myself got to modify my car a bit after being influenced by people I met at the car meets. I got some friends to install an air intake, an anti-sway bar, and an axle back exhaust. I myself installed a short shifter (including a bracket) and had to fix a leak on the axle back with some help.
About 2-3 weeks ago I installed the short shifter bracket and upon installing the short shifter itself I placed it in the opposite orientation causing the car to not engage into any gear. This was an extremely scary situation to me since I still have no mechanical experience. At the time I was also going to install an exhaust header and I was literary so nervous and frightened that I decided to return it.
Now that my fear is somewhat gone and I’m thinking about future projects. I don’t plan on messing with my car due to it being the only car I have. I attend college and work and as much as I want to mess with the car a mode of transportation is needed. However, I do plan on getting back to tinkering with the car, since I do want to learn how to do most of these things myself. A long goal and dream of mine is not to obtain a fancy and expensive car, but to install a turbo charger. I believe is a reachable goal.
I went of a tangent, but that kind of explains why I joined the forums. Mr. Aaron’s knowledge is amazing and I’m reading every single page in this website to learn how to do smaller electronic projects and slowly get back into cars once I feel more comfortable. Like him I’m into computers, and study computer science.
Unlike a lot of people in the forums I’m here to stay and post for a long time.
I’m pretty sure Mr. Aaron monitors this website quite often, and if you do read this… thanks for the knowledge you’re putting out there.

Download Attachment: yaris_1.jpg
200.2 KB

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  11:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

I'm glad you are enjoying the videos. Overall the response has been very positive. Actually, overwhelmingly positive with only one consistent troll.

Funny you should mention the social aspect. I am not particularly social myself but for a time attended a load of local RX-7 meets and even arranged my own. Now though I've fallen back into my old ways not really attending more than about one a year. Gets a bit old...same old conversation, same set of mods, etc. etc. I'm not visiting the forums as much either anymore. Probably partially because I am so busy on the Cosmo.

I can't say I've ever thought of turbocharging a Toyota Yaris. But I guess if done correctly it could be a pretty fun car. Wrong wheel drive, but fun.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  02:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Am I the troll?

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, the troll was that "John Doe" guy. But even he has figured it can't rattle me and that I'm seeing the project through to its end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000