New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vaironl
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  10:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

I feel a bit ashamed knowing I’ll be asking a relatively stupid question to most here. In the future I will like to wire some fog lights to my car, which should be easy, but at the moment I just don’t want to mess anything up and would like to introduce myself into electronics. Where could I begin? More specifically, what kind of projects would be similar to the process of wiring some fog lights?

I just bought the soldering iron, but have no idea of where to buy the material for the projects, or where to go from there.

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  12:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fog lights for a car use only a single wire for each light.
Connect the fog light wires together then to a fuse so that there is no fire in an accident.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2014 :  10:39:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The fog lights should have come with a wiring harness and a set of instructions. Typically the harness connects to the battery through an inline fuse and then to the fog lights with a switch in series on the battery wire. This typically works fine for low current lights.

Personally I prefer to use a relay but that's a bit more advanced.

Here's an example diagram:
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/bosch/foglites.htm

That's about as simple as it gets with a relay.

If you are intending to run more electrical accessories on your vehicle in the future, I'd suggest installing a small auxiliary fuse panel.
Go to Top of Page

vaironl
Apprentece

5 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2014 :  11:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information you two!!!!!

I didn't mentioned there are a couple of threads in the forum for my car and a fog light kit which makes this a breeze, but I wanted to play around with electronics a bit more than that kit allows.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000