Basic Electronics
 What is needed for touch switch timer ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doors

4 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  11:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You often see a mechanical timer switch on the wall in stairwells of communal blocks of flats. You depress the button into its housing making a circuit, and the light comes on. The button then gradually returns to it's normal state, the circuit is broken and the light goes out. Can I create this process with electronics ? I will only be using a 6v dc current. I have little knowledge of electronics, a 2hr fiasco of trying to assemble a crystal powered radio with my dad fifty years ago put me off for life, so will probably be buying a ready made circuit. I've seen a delay timer relay circuit which switches the current after a set period, but it needs a constant current, which then has to be cut before being turned back on, to restart the timer. In essence I need a momentary on/off switch to trigger a delay timer relay. Is there such a circuit that is sold commercially and what is it called, or will it have to be created from scratch ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  12:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Typically it would be something like the touch switch circuit on this website, combined with a monostable 555 timer driving a relay. Such as the circuit found here: http://www.bowdenshobbycircuits.info/page9.htm
Go to Top of Page

kanwal

Pakistan
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  07:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send kanwal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Juan. My problem is this,I know very little about winding transformers and I require a little guidance on the layering of the secondary coils. How do I configure the end of one layer and the start of the next. For example, if winding clockwise from left to right, once I reach the end and insulate the coil do I just wind clockwise from right to left the next layer of the secondary or ... ? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Atif
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000