IC's for stereo in 12v or 12v dual
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  09:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a beginner I'm electronics. I want to know about some audio amplifier IC's for home sterio. It should work on 12v dual or 12v power supply. I've searched on internet and most of them are not available. I love in Kerala,India. We don't have RadioShack or similar sites dedicated for electronics here So don't know which IC is available. Output can be 30 +30 W sterio or lower on either bridge mode or single mode. What about TDA2030. I have its board.When I connected it, it's becoming distorted on one channel after 4 second. I think the board is complaint and planning to make a new one. Pls help me

Dany

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  09:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Can you post the TDA2030 circuit you are using?

Distortion after a few seconds generally indicates thermal cutback or a DC blocking (or filter) capacitor is charging up. Missing bleed resistor somewhere?

Those linear amps are fairly easy to connect up based on the datasheet examples.
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  05:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually I don't have it's circuit. We just search on internet and go straight to electronics shop and ask for its board. Then add components according to the board. I'll post it's picture. One I connected in in wrong polarity and all four of its 100mf electrolytic caps busted.I replaced them and second time, one of its OC's burnt tooo. So I replaced it also, and now it getting distorted😓

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  4:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't have a bleed resistor. My power supply consists of bridge rectifier with 6A diodes , two 4700uf caps and two polyster caps. No resistor throughout the boards. It goes straight to the 3rd and 5th pin. Although there is 100nf nonpolar caps in positive part and 100mf electrolytic in negative part

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  4:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No resistors touching positive or negative part of power supply in the boards

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  09:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Without seeing the circuit it will be difficult to guess.

Did you just build it according to the data sheet?

Can you post a picture of this board?

Oh, you did mount the IC to a heatsink, correct? If they overheat they will start to cut back, which can cause distortion.
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2015 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to send its pictures, but something's wrong with my connection. It's not getting uploaded. and yes I'm using a heat sink weighing more than a kilo. And one IC is not tight. so its the problem , now I guess. . By the way, does it need a metal rod to hold on or will attaching it using a screw through its hole be enough sir ?

Dany

Edited by - Ashirdaniel on Oct 12 2015 10:26:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hai. Sorry for not sharing its picture and asking stupid questions. I'm not an expert in this thing. This is my first project and that's why I'm asking silly doubts. And about photos , I can send it as email , WhatsApp or facebook. By the way, I used clamps to hold the IC's and when I connected it, it's working well. But now its making a low frequency hum on the speakers. It doesn't go high while increasing volume. It doesn't stop if I remove input to the amp board. So I think the problem is with the power supply. I'm using a dual power supply consisting of 12v dual 5A transformer, four 6A diodes as bridge , two 4700mf 25v capacitor and two 100nf polyster caps. If you need pictures, I can email , WhatsApp or send it through Facebook. Please help me.

Dany

Edited by - Ashirdaniel on Nov 10 2015 2:27:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  10:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is there an error you are seeing when sending the picture? I believe I limit attachments to 200K. I don't see an upload folder for you. Note that the attachment option is only available on the full reply page, not the quick reply.

It does sound like you have a power supply or board layout issue. Are your power traces running parallel with audio traces? How is your ground connected?
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  10:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry 😞. I had to be offline for months. I got another preamplifier from a friend and it worked fine. by the way, photo uploading problem was with my connection. It's a really slower one. But not bad for browsing. My service provider gives free internet for for a whole year. ( its 2g). That's why I'm using it. It also charges 1₹ for every three minutes. pretty cheap na😎. 1 💵 =68₹. I'll surely post my sterio's photo tomorrow. Sorry for wasting your time. by the way I got another issue. I'll talk about it after uploading its photos tomorrow. 1 dollar is equal to 68₹ right now. Thanks.

Dany

Edited by - Ashirdaniel on Feb 23 2016 11:01:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  10:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh my attachments are more than 200k. photos from Lumia 520

Dany
Go to Top of Page

Ashirdaniel
Apprentice

India
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  11:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Ashirdaniel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I connected ground from both my power supplies (12v dual 5amp and 18v dual 1 amp ) to the chassis. ( metal case). But not from amplifier board and preamp board. Yet its working fine now.

Dany
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000