Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  08:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How on earth does this get you 40,000,000 views?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYW6C44zo24

Well I suppose everyone can relate to it.
As a matter of fact Sittin On Tha Toilet now. Not.

A Delorean getting repossessed and clearly a Micheal Jackson fan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRTiZxNSjow

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  03:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, have you ever heard of a website named 4chan.org? Well in the /b/ forum they probably spammed it at some point.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  12:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow that website is full of... Is there a screening process of images before they are published on that website? I know of some truly bad websites but I won't post them. I'm surprised they are still up.

I remember someone once posted pr0n images directly onto this forum. They got deleted pretty quickly.

BTW, regarding your "Snooze -tube" thread:
That video was recorded about an hour's drive out of Melbourne (the populated areas).
The song's name is Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen Sehen ("Do you Want to See the Bed in Flames?"). Not my cup of tea IMO.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  10:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are several questions which come to mind after seeing that video:

-How does it get to 40,000,000 views?
-What kind of idiot actually makes such a recording?
-What is the weight carrying capacity of a normal toilet. Based on this video, it's significant.

And was this seriously the first time you've heard of 4chan? The /b/ forum is basically anything goes.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  01:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

And was this seriously the first time you've heard of 4chan? The /b/ forum is basically anything goes.

Seriously! I have never heard of it before. Most of the stuff on that website seems to be pretty tame compared to the crazy shit I've seen on other websites; borderline illegal if you ask me. I don't visit those websites, I just know they exist.

My sister showed me the "Sittin On Tha Toilet" video and I was watching it with a confused face. 40,000,000 views? Seriously? WTF!

Edit:
One of Justin Beiber's songs on YT has 665,928,416 views?
Seriously? WTF!

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Nov 27 2011 03:51:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  10:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gotta figure that the Bieber song as so many views because people just sit there and hit "Play" over and over again. Or set the thing as their home page or something equally as stupid. Not really sure how the view counter works either. I think it increments even when someone doesn't watch it all the way through.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  12:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gotta figure that the Bieber song as so many views because people just sit there and hit "Play" over and over again.

That's what happens. Even on Britney Spears's music videos I read comments of people watching, or at least pushing F5 over and over again to get the view-counts up. I can only imagine what would have happened if YT was around when BS's career started. Billions of views by now. Oops off topic.

I think the view-count increments on page refresh but I have seen counters go backwards so YT probably has countermeasures for view-count spammers. I often see the counter get stuck at 303 and then suddenly jump up to some high value, which I suppose is one of their countermeasures at work. They have to give accurate view-counts because advertisers want accurate numbers. I believe the video channel's owner can actually see the "unique" view-count which is probably just a sum of views from unique IPs.

quote:

I think it increments even when someone doesn't watch it all the way through.

It does as far as I know, but the channel owner can see where in the video people are leaving, which is quite interesting. The "attention curve" as I call it, starts off at some high value and then drops off as the video continues to play, or as people lose attention/interest. You've got your own channel Aaron, look up video statistics on one of your videos; they provide a lot of interesting and probably useful information.

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Nov 28 2011 12:36:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  10:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

That's what happens. Even on Britney Spears's music videos I read comments of people watching, or at least pushing F5 over and over again to get the view-counts up. I can only imagine what would have happened if YT was around when BS's career started. Billions of views by now. Oops off topic.

I don't even know why a person would do that. What does it matter how many views a video gets? Besides, that's just going to show in YouTube Insight that 99% of views only watched the first 10 seconds.

quote:

I think the view-count increments on page refresh but I have seen counters go backwards so YT probably has countermeasures for view-count spammers. I often see the counter get stuck at 303 and then suddenly jump up to some high value, which I suppose is one of their countermeasures at work. They have to give accurate view-counts because advertisers want accurate numbers. I believe the video channel's owner can actually see the "unique" view-count which is probably just a sum of views from unique IPs.

I remember reading a few years ago about how YouTube works in the backend, and it explained the backwards counters. Turns out that the counters are not real time, and depending on which cache server you view from, the count may differ. It's only synced up at set times. According to Insight, the views correspond to a view of the page. Then there is further data available for how long people watched.

quote:
It does as far as I know, but the channel owner can see where in the video people are leaving, which is quite interesting. The "attention curve" as I call it, starts off at some high value and then drops off as the video continues to play, or as people lose attention/interest. You've got your own channel Aaron, look up video statistics on one of your videos; they provide a lot of interesting and probably useful information.

YouTube just changed their interface. I don't like it. There doesn't seem to be a way to generate any reports across a series of videos, only individually. That makes it fairly useless other than a curiosity for a person with 60+ videos.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  03:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't even know why a person would do that. What does it matter how many views a video gets? Besides, that's just going to show in YouTube Insight that 99% of views only watched the first 10 seconds.

Apparently it's because Britney fans want to get more views than Lady Gaga, like it's some kind of competition. I personally don't give a rat's arse.

quote:
I remember reading a few years ago about how YouTube works in the backend, and it explained the backwards counters. Turns out that the counters are not real time, and depending on which cache server you view from, the count may differ. It's only synced up at set times. According to Insight, the views correspond to a view of the page. Then there is further data available for how long people watched.

Yes it's pretty interesting how their internal machinery works.

quote:
YouTube just changed their interface. I don't like it. There doesn't seem to be a way to generate any reports across a series of videos, only individually. That makes it fairly useless other than a curiosity for a person with 60+ videos.

Yes not too long ago my Gmail changed in appearance, and now YouTube. I like the new Gmail interface and I'm not fussed about the change. I haven't had enough time to explore YT yet.

Download Attachment: ss.jpg
203.74 KB

LOL. A Spam advertisement for the Spam inbox.

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  10:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Apparently it's because Britney fans want to get more views than Lady Gaga, like it's some kind of competition. I personally don't give a rat's arse.

They must have a shocking amount of time on their hands. Don't kids have hobbies these days? Though it is amusing that that Britney Spears needs cheap tricks to have more views than Gaga.

quote:
Yes not too long ago my Gmail changed in appearance, and now YouTube. I like the new Gmail interface and I'm not fussed about the change. I haven't had enough time to explore YT yet.

Now that Google has changed the AdSense interface, the widget which displays my AdSense data on my desktop doesn't work. The problem is that the author used a regular expression to extract the data, and I just don't know RegEx well enough to modify it. Plus I'm not willing to take the amount of drugs necessary to understand RegEx.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  12:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

They must have a shocking amount of time on their hands.

That's what I was thinking.

quote:

Though it is amusing that that Britney Spears needs cheap tricks to have more views than Gaga.

Actually I'm not so sure she does, well at least on YouTube? Both of their careers boomed 10 years apart. Britney's career started 7 years before YouTube, Gaga's Career started 3 years after YouTube. Of course if you tally up how many views Brit's videos have been seen on TV and wherever else, there would probably be no comparison really. I remember hearing Brit's songs and music videos playing in large shopping centers as far back as 13 years ago.

I still remember looking up at a CRT television in a shop and seeing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bPrt69rag&ob=av2e

I think I prefer this kind of music over Lady Gaga any day.

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Dec 11 2011 12:15:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  10:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I know. Gaga and Bieber have the benefit of the existence of social media and YouTube. Gaga at least makes some very good videos. Bieber seems to be a master of taking advantage of YouTube to push his crap. Rather, I bet his publicist is more than anything. At least Gaga could have existed outside of YouTube. We can't say the same about Bieber.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  01:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Gaga's music videos are good, if not at least a bit weird. In comparison I think BS has the most memorable music videos over LG. The red catsuit and catholic school girl uniform just to name a couple. So sec-seeee!

Of course I can't go without plopping some pictures here from her year 2000 VMA performance.

Download Attachment: 3344137604_69e425823e.jpg
166.27 KB

Download Attachment: 1200436050_6320.jpg
96.91 KB

Download Attachment: 6043D39D-9353-9360-ACE73E6E706C9536.jpg
36.44 KB

Download Attachment: sparkle-2_2.jpg
123.13 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5RV99DoJaE&feature=related

I was right up at the front...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkfGGRuN9Tg
... only I was 8 years late.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about JB (by about 9 hours).

What's your name baby?

Ivana... Ivana Humpalot.

Let me ask you a question. And be honest. Do I make you horny, baby? Do I? Do I make you randy? Yeah?

Now who has too much time on their hands.

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Dec 12 2011 08:31:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh hell no. He has wrecked one of my favorites.

The Cardigans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC9zfQbe1EQ&feature=related

Bieber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJi-OMaOptc

Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  2:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
/Everybody Stand Back/
I know regular expressions.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2011 :  12:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

/Everybody Stand Back/
I know regular expressions.

My response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdHxyGcLoQ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000