Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Mazda RX-7s
 General Stuff
 TPS, clogged injectors or clogged fuel filter??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Infamous71011

1 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  11:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just picked up a 89 NA convertible with 74k miles, did a compression it read 120psi on both rotors all 3 faces. When I first picked it up, it had jumpy idle until its fully warmed up. It would also choke like I'm doing a "2-step" revving during acceleration. If I push the gas pedal harder, it'll stall. however i can drive around town, redlining it without any problem. that's my first problem.

Now a couple days ago, I took off my OEM intake tube and box out for cleaning. Once I plugged everything back in, it did not want to start at all and the exhaust smoke smell like gasoline. When I got it started, it would stall unless I kept my foot on the gas pedal and it backfired like crazy. When I drove it around, it won't be able to rev past 3000rpm.... That's my second problem

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Make sure the TPS is plugged in.

Was the car stored before you purchased it? Quite likely the entire fuel system is contaminated so you'll need to flush it, have the injectors serviced, and replace the filters.

Do you have any large vacuum leaks?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000