Help with Circuitry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mikvet90

2 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  3:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I found this circuit made by Aaron Cake. I am using a breadboard. I am so amateur to circuitry that i am having a really tough time putting this together. Can somebody show me a picture of what this is supposed to look like on the bread board?

Image is in the link provided.

http://www.circuit-finder.com/categories/power-supply/dc-to-ac-inverter/152/inverter

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  11:29:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't waste your time. This circuit has its capacitors shown with the wrong polarity. It also puts -12V on to the the bases of the transistors. That exceeds the maximum permitted voltage and will destroy them. Aaron should have removed this circuit from his list years ago.

Look under the 'Power Supplies' section. See the '12/120v'sticky at the top of the list and read all the adverse comments.

Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  7:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that the project has many problems and does not work.
Besides, an inverter is a high power circuit and a breadboard is used only for a low power circuit.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  10:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are so many questions about this circuit that it has it's own topic:

[urlhttp://www.aaroncake.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2996[/url]

Circuit isn't mine though. Found it years ago in some obscure book sold off at a library sale.
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  5:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

There are so many questions about this circuit that it has it's own topic:

[urlhttp://www.aaroncake.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2996[/url]

Circuit isn't mine though. Found it years ago in some obscure book sold off at a library sale.

Perhaps it's time to ditch it!
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  10:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, thing is that I've built it several times and it has worked for me after mentally reversing the capacitors (which means I really need to fix the schematic). It all depends on the transformer and the exact characteristics of the transistors used. True, the frequency wanders all over the place, loads of heat is wasted. But for a stupid simple circuit (maybe a lot of stupid) it does what it promises...most of the time.

My later inverters had a 4011 oscillator driving two transistors, one inverted, switching each side of the center tap. Worked well and far more frequency stable plus the frequency could be easily adjusted to run higher frequencies. Made a very basic switcher to run computers from 12V.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000