Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 Meth is a Hell of a Drug

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yerboogieman Posted - May 16 2017 : 01:10:21 AM
It is the most violating feeling to be broken into and ransacked in your own domain. I need to put up a metal door with a dead bolt in my shop, and maybe some cameras. I know my door wouldn't withstand a good kick.

Tools can be replaced, with time. But the feeling that someone has violated your space, takes much more time to heal.

Is London really that bad of an area?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuzeter Posted - Mar 07 2018 : 12:13:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron 3Cake

My old shop was in probably the worst neighbourhood of the city, and aside someone being caught trying to kick down the door about 2 weeks after we moved in, we had no issues.

Man, this sucks. Nothing like this happened to me as of yet, but it sucks reading what people have gone through. I feel for you, bros.

(Edit to remove spam link. Clever bot...)
Aaron Cake Posted - May 22 2017 : 11:16:28 AM
My old shop was in probably the worst neighbourhood of the city, and aside from someone being caught trying to kick down the door about 2 weeks after we moved in, we had no issues. Probably partly because it was just a nondescript concrete structure wrapped around a house and almost invisible in a way. Two crack houses across the street, an abandoned house beside that burned down, prostitutes hanging out in the lot, etc. It's luck of the draw but being invisible helps. I'm certain there would have been no break in at my new place if a section of the fence hadn't blown down a few weeks prior in a wind storm. The fence is now back up but the hole allowed easy access into the yard.

Doors suck. It takes very little effort to kick in most doors and locks are designed to keep honest people out. A nice steel door comes framed in a 1" wood frame which splinters in one kick. But easy to replace with steel secured to structure, or reinforced in the same way. Grade 2 deadbolts are 3x the price as the stuff on the hardware store shelves and are much stronger. Evident by the fact they weigh 3x as much as a standard set. That into a steel frame is not moving. Just remember the hinge side of the door. Most hinges are secured with 1" screws. Replace with 6" hardened security screws through the frame into structure. Door bars on the inside for doors not opened from the outside.

It's been far too long since I've worked on the Cosmo due to this and other issues. Well, partially because I've been spending the day I typically work on the Cosmo at the shooting range putting my frustrations into breaking clays or slugs through paper zombies.
Yerboogieman Posted - May 21 2017 : 01:25:32 AM
As always. No one is safe.

I hope everything falls into place for you.

The best therapy for me is when I work on my car, on a fresh piece of double wall cardboard on concrete.

If you think about it, those security cameras can also double as new angles for Cosmo videos that you don't have to fiddle with and move around.

If you have any more issues, I got a friend in Detroit lol
Aaron Cake Posted - May 20 2017 : 11:40:28 AM
Great therapy is the act of securing the building. Fixing the doors, fabricating window bars, setting up the alarm and cameras. As I alluded to, it happened at probably the worst time when I was already dealing with a lot. And all of that had to go on total hold while the shop became priority.

London really isn't any better or worse than anywhere else. And in fact my neighbourhood has a slightly below average crime rate. There are, however, assholes everywhere.

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000