Aaron's Homepage Forum
Aaron's Homepage Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Lounge
 I'm 20 years old.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File (GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP, ZIP, PNG)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Yerboogieman Posted - Jun 01 2013 : 01:05:25 AM
I turned 20 on the 26th. This feels kinda weird. In a way, I still have the mind of a teenager (a sophisticated, normal teenager) yet I'm basically in my 20s.

Eh, bound to happen. But I still can't even drink, what's up with that?

As an update, I now work at a Dodge dealership in the detail department. I also do the occasional welding and fixing of random things.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eze Posted - Feb 19 2014 : 10:50:28 AM
What happened to Sitting on tha toilet??

Check this out lads: http://blog.caranddriver.com/super-cool-retractable-stud-winter-tire-concept-provides-studded-grip-at-the-press-of-a-button/

And surely you mean Fecesbook!
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 29 2014 : 3:36:59 PM
Forum traffic has dropped off for sure, and honestly, the website traffic has as well.

Why? No idea. Still getting loads of referrers, good Google ranking, high in the search results. I just think fewer people are interested in the sort of content this website has anymore. They're busy on Twatter or Bookface.

Forums in general have slowed down. Even on the RX-7 forum with hundreds of thousands of members, I've noticed a massive decline in traffic over the last few years.

Maybe the kids are all on 4chan, who knows.

But I'm not too worried. This website is still generating massive traffic. Just fewer people interacting.

Actually I have noticed less traffic to the electronics sections while other areas of the site remain the same or see increased traffic. Kids these days not interested in actually making stuff? Wouldn't surprise me having recently gotten to know a few from "those younger generations".
cirvin Posted - Jan 23 2014 : 10:06:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

This is us. Right now. http://xkcd.com/1305/

Also, it is Aaron Cake Day. 1228.

Woah.. It's true.

I lurk like a champ..
eze Posted - Jan 07 2014 : 12:53:02 PM
Yeah, I am not looking forward to it but, considering that the OEM carpet is no longer available anywhere I have looked (Canada and US)

I even source a local JDM guy who couldn't even find a new\unused OEM carpet in Japan.
Aaron Cake Posted - Jan 06 2014 : 2:34:54 PM
Honestly, good luck fitting that carpet. My ACC carpet didn't even come close to fitting. Even after leaving it out in the sun for days, trying a heat gun and trying to mold it, things like the seat rail moldings weren't even close. After a week of messing with it I finally got an acceptable fit with the bad areas being hidden by the seats. If yours was anything like mine, it won't be a pleasant experience. Then again, for $200, I guess one can't complain as the factory carpets are over $2000 at the dealer.
eze Posted - Jan 06 2014 : 2:02:47 PM
Hey Aaron, I finally got all the holes in my Gen 2 RX7 Done. Now I am waiting on a new carpet from ACC.

Wish me luck
Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 29 2013 : 10:22:52 AM
There is always a relevant XKCD.

It's been slow here lately. Then again it's been slow on every forum I visit.
Yerboogieman Posted - Dec 29 2013 : 12:25:49 AM
This is us. Right now. http://xkcd.com/1305/

Also, it is Aaron Cake Day. 1228.
eze Posted - Dec 25 2013 : 10:24:28 AM
Goddamn, its been so long since I have had a spare moment to come peruse this forum and all it did was make me feel old!
Aaron Cake Posted - Dec 14 2013 : 10:31:55 AM
The old NW4.11 server is still running, keeping just a few buildings left over in their oldest property management application accessible. Mainly for looking up historical data at this point. I'm just waiting for the go ahead to move that data to one of the new servers as maybe 1 person per day runs this application.

As it is, the program is so damn old that the only way to run it is by using Virtual PC to virtualize Windows 98, the newest OS the thing will tolerate.
Yerboogieman Posted - Dec 10 2013 : 12:48:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

I can't imagine any modern IT course requiring Novell. Sad to say that Novell is fairly over in the real world. Incidentally I have only one customer left with a Netware server and it will be shut down soon.

I feel like I am going to go to that one business that still uses Netware. 'HairMasters' still uses dial-up.
Aaron Cake Posted - Nov 10 2013 : 10:17:54 AM
I can't imagine any modern IT course requiring Novell. Sad to say that Novell is fairly over in the real world. Incidentally I have only one customer left with a Netware server and it will be shut down soon.
Yerboogieman Posted - Oct 28 2013 : 9:25:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Since we're on the topic I thought it would be good to share my experiences.

Near the end of last year I started looking for work in the area in which I was studying - computer science. I also have a degree in electronics engineering but decided to find a job in computer science and keep electronics as a hobby primarily until I am ready to start my own business. A company contacted me back only a few weeks after I started looking for work and we did a face to face and technical interview. I got the job no sweat. Basically I work in a team of which I am the least experienced. I have wondered why I was employed for this reason but I have come to the conclusion that they saw something good in me. In a few weeks I will be graduating from Uni and then I can start working 5 days a week. It has all gone swimmingly. My Uni friends are still looking for work.

When looking for work, potential employers like to see evidence that you can do the work that they require. Prove it to them! That's my advice anyway. I haven't even graduated yet and I still managed to get a good job as a Software Developer.

Yerboogieman, what were you studying?

I'm studying Information Technology and programming. I want to study some electronics stuff too, but not too sure about that. I'm applying at a local computer shop called Puget Systems based out of Auburn soon. As long as they don't need me to know Novell, I'm good. But I absolutely hate Cisco. With a passion. Cisco is the reason I took a break from school.
wasssup1990 Posted - Jun 16 2013 : 02:58:31 AM
Since we're on the topic I thought it would be good to share my experiences.

Near the end of last year I started looking for work in the area in which I was studying - computer science. I also have a degree in electronics engineering but decided to find a job in computer science and keep electronics as a hobby primarily until I am ready to start my own business. A company contacted me back only a few weeks after I started looking for work and we did a face to face and technical interview. I got the job no sweat. Basically I work in a team of which I am the least experienced. I have wondered why I was employed for this reason but I have come to the conclusion that they saw something good in me. In a few weeks I will be graduating from Uni and then I can start working 5 days a week. It has all gone swimmingly. My Uni friends are still looking for work.

When looking for work, potential employers like to see evidence that you can do the work that they require. Prove it to them! That's my advice anyway. I haven't even graduated yet and I still managed to get a good job as a Software Developer.

Yerboogieman, what were you studying?
Yerboogieman Posted - Jun 15 2013 : 5:22:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Cake

I'm very curious as to what angelblue15 was referring to. It's as if the reply was meant for another thread so I can't decide if him/her is a spambot or not.

While I am technically the youngest at my office, I'm also the 2nd most senior behind the owner. Though I guess the first half of the year this was not true as we had a co-op student. Now I should elaborate on the being treated like a child. It goes down a lot to attitude. A youthful attitude makes it far easier for those "adults" around to treat a person this way.

That was something I posted awhile ago when were talking about HIDs in the Cosmo.

The only time I'm treated like a kid at my work is by my immediate co-workers. Otherwise, I can talk to the owners, mechanics, and my ex-coworkers' husband who helped me get the job, etc. and be treated decently equal. But I'm also looking for a way out of this place ASAP.

I need a new job, within my field, that I went to school and spent a bunch of money for. *sigh*

33 is the youngest? I still can't imagine you being treated like a kid. Haha

Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000