Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  9:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Its only rated at 48VA at 110V you'll only be able to pull 0.44A off of it.
Go to Top of Page

cmdinh
Apprentece

9 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Send cmdinh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh... any idea where i can get such a transformer that will work for what i need?
Go to Top of Page

Nashot

1 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  4:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Dear All,

Please help me to build a simple inverter just to use with my satellite receiver which operates on 110V-to-220V AC with marely 30-35W consumption.

Actually I want step up 12V DC to 110-120V AC for the load of 30-35W.

If anybody got working inverter circuits please post it here or send it to NASHOT(at)GMAIL.COM

Thanks in Advance.
Go to Top of Page

ovuriri
Apprentece

10 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELLO AUDIOGURU,I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH YOUR WORKS AND I THINK U MIGHT BE OF HELP TO ME.I AM SO GALD I GOT A SITE LIKE THIS.I GOT AN INVERTER WHICH I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO BUILD BUT IT BURNS OUT MY OSCILLATOR.I GOT THE INVERTER CIRCUIT FROM THIS SITE:http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/033/index.html.PLEASE I DONT KNOW IF U HAVE MODIFICATIONS TO THE INVERTER.I WANT TO BUILD A 12VDC--220VAV,1000W POWER SUPPLY.THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.KENNEDY.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  8:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kennedy,
That 500W inverter had many mistakes. I fixed it two years ago but a moderator there recently changed it so it doesn't work any more. Here is my fixed one. For 1000W it needs many more transistors and 100A from the 12V battery. Its output is a square-wave.

Download Attachment: 500Watts_Inverter-small.PNG
161.27 KB

Go to Top of Page

ovuriri
Apprentece

10 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  06:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello mr.audioguru,i am so happy!!!!!!i cant express my gratitude,but audioguru,what if i replace the 2n3055 bjt transistors with mosfet transistors,will it be okay?i love very much.have a lovely day...kenny
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  2:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This power inverter uses ordinary cheap transistors because Mosfets are not available everywhere. Mosfets are much better but the circuit for them must be completely different.
Go to Top of Page

ovuriri
Apprentece

10 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello audioguru,i appreciate what u're saying,it making me understand why my circuit burns out.but audioguru,i prefer using mosfets transistors,i like to have the circuit using mosfets transistors.i love u,kenny.
Go to Top of Page

ovuriri
Apprentece

10 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  08:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello audioguru,i also need to know why u cant simply use that circuit diaram,becos i found a mosfet that has same properties with the bjt transistor.ken
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  09:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 2N3055 power transistor conducts 8A when its base-emitter voltage is typically 1.4V.
A power Mosfet is turned on when its gate-source voltage is 10V. A few "logic level" power Mosfets turn on when their gate-source voltage is 4V.

Mosfets switch much faster than transistors. Therefore a special circuit must be made so that one turns off first before the other one turns on. Or else both are turned on at the same time creating a dead short across the battery with hundreds of Amps of current.

Gary has many projects and one is a Mosfet square-wave inverter with a max power of 500w.
http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Inverter/Mosfet-Inverter.htm
Go to Top of Page

ovuriri
Apprentece

10 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  10:22:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello \,audioguru,are u very sure if that circuit works very well.i am using it for a project work and dont have enough money to play with.but do u still think the bjt transistors can work perfectly well without any problems.love u,ken.
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  11:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all, a resistor is 04.7ohm would 4.7 k ohm would this be the same.
Go to Top of Page

Binary 1011001101
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  11:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, 4.7k ohm is 47000 ohms

0.47 ohm is less than 1 ohm
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can putting multiple resistors in paralelle to achive a value be done?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  12:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 500W inverter circuit that I posted has a square-wave output. Lots of things don't operate properly with a square-wave. The inverter is used in The Philippines to power fluorescent tube lights and multi-voltage TVs. it could also power heating appliances.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000