Auto
 greetings + new project
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brainiac-boy

Egypt
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  2:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see brainiac-boy's MSN Messenger address  Send brainiac-boy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Sirs

first of all...
I'd like to thank you all for being in this creative forum, hope I'm not a pain in the neck

well, spending much time on the toilet seat sometimes brings ideas, some are brilliant , some are fake!

i was thinking about a new low-budget radio based (silent) car security project, using some of the radio projects here might be useful..
i donno if this is gonna work but you guys are the experts and capable of giving positive feedback to correct wrong points or ideas..

a brief description...
* a radio Tx unit will be installed in the car in a hidden place, triggered using microcontroller or switches by the following actions
1) any of the 4 Doors open
2) bonnet opening
3) back cargo opening

* the Tx should have a min range of 70 or 80 meters in case of parking far from home or work
* the Tx will be assumed to work on the FM Band ( less noise susceptibility )
* the Tx will generate a tone on an unused frequency on the FM Band

Rx portion:
* the receiver will be designed for mobility (works on BATT outdoors, works on a DC transformer indoors)
* the receiver will be only tuned on this specified frequency
* the Rx will respond only to the tone reception, and alarms by triggering a buzzer circuit or something..

i know it sounds weird but it's just an idea, in addition i'm not sure if the receiver will not be sensitive to household equipments or even worse like laptops that generates frequencies all over the FM band with a strong amplitude

but i'm sure you guys can come with better ideas, maybe using mobile phones might be the solution to the problem ...

Brainiac Boy

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2008 :  10:44:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This system is already available commercially from all major alarm manufacturers. Most of my friends have one. They're about $100 in stores.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000