Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

merleyja
Apprentece

India
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  03:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
i would like to make a dc dc boost converter.The input given is 12V-20V and expected output is 230 V.Can u help me out. This boost is made as part of the inverter. Actually the inverter output is 230V ac. And the power of inverter should be 1KW. I did go through some web pages but stil hv nt got a clear picture. Plz help me out.

Thank you

Merley

(Edit...Move To Power Supply)

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  03:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are interested in teaching yourself about these things then I can see why you want to make one of them. There is such a wealth of information out there now about SMPS and power inverters that it would be much more worth your time to go and study that instead of asking people here to spoon-feed you the information you need to create such a device. If however you had specific problem and have actually showed some effort, then people would be more willing to help you. It's amazing how many people don't realize this. Only trying to help. Follow these rules and you will learn quicker - take the information that is already out there waiting for you to collect.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

merleyja
Apprentece

India
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  03:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, i do hv an inverter circuit which is a buck-boost inverter circuit, wher in the switches are operated by hysteresis control method,its a transformerless design.. i am doing this as a project, but my guide says its nt possible to make an inverter without transformer.but i cant find an answer to this.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  04:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well of course you don't need a transformer, you could probably make a full inverter without any kind of magnetically operated component in it, that includes inductors, transformers and relays. You just need to be creative and think outside the box. I can't agree with what your guide told you.

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  07:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll give you an idea and hopefully it will help you out if you do a little thinking on your own to fill in the gaps I leave out. Then you can take your idea to your so called "guide" and prove them wrong because this idea does not involve magnetics, however magnetic fields will be a byproduct since a constant electric current produces a constant EM field and changing EM field produces EM 'wave' distortions in the space that travel at the speed of light in a vacuum.

The idea involves the use of switching capacitors in a way to produce a higher voltage. The topology is what you must figure out. I hope this document will enlighten you. Good luck!

http://scholarworks.boisestate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1029&context=electrical_facpubs

Go to Top of Page

merleyja
Apprentece

India
6 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2009 :  11:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey..thank you so much.. i will definetly look into this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000