New Project: 48 Volt Custom Aluminum Scooter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  5:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've just finished posting the writeup covering the construction of my new 48 Volt Custom Aluminum Scooter. This scooter was built from scatch as a replacement to my old electric Razor scooter.

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  10:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow very cool Aaron. It looks very nice. I wish I had the time to make something like this.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  11:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Time for me is always a major issue as well. I've wanted to build this scooter for years now but with all the other stuff I'm involved in it is difficult to commit to a project. Luckily last year I was able to sneak it in between getting my RX-7 back on the road for the summer and having to build another car for someone else.
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  11:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That thing looks solid! You should add a fuel gauge :)
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  04:28:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hehe I think you mean a volt meter.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  11:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would work to. I was thinking of a coulomb counter but that's probably overkill for lead acids...
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  10:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about one of these bad boys?
http://www.grassrootsev.com/monitor.htm

But yeah, just a regular old voltmeter is fine for lead acid.
Go to Top of Page

BEatonNo1
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  10:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit BEatonNo1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HA! I would love to see what you come up with to mount that to the scooter :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000