Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chucktaylor
Apprentece

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  08:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Send chucktaylor an ICQ Message  Send chucktaylor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my question here is. how do I get the power converted to run my home.
FPL. the power company here wants to charge me 8k to bring in power.
I've done the research on solar. can't do it now. it cost me over 100.00 a week just to run my generator. any help here would be so AWESOME!! F the grid and the greed I say.
Thanks everyone in advance for your help

Chuck

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  12:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not much option, have you?

Best pay up the 8K and look happy:-]
Go to Top of Page

awt
Apprentece

Nigeria
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  5:13:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit awt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'Solid state Generator' suggests that u are thinking of inverter, right? u need an energy source to recharge ur battery if u want an inverter. since u can't go for solar now and the gen is not cost effective, then go for the grid. pay that 8K.
take care.

awotol
www.simplecircuitsandprojects.com
Go to Top of Page

chucktaylor
Apprentece

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  10:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Send chucktaylor an ICQ Message  Send chucktaylor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
then why can't I make a redundant cycle then? if I get enough step up power via the solidstate generator. why then can't I run it through the inverter, connect a 12v charger to the battery. seems to easy to make that loop of endless power then. and if the Tesla Generator gets the power from space/earth. there should be no reason this won't work. thoughts on this.. ( think takes are wonderful)
Chuck
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2011 :  11:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You cannot make an 'endless loop of power'. Neither can you 'step up power'. You cannot get more power out of a device than you put into it.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  10:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The "Tesla Solid State Generator" you are referring to is that viral email that has been circulating around pointing you to a website with a 10 minute video presentation?

If so, then it's bullshit. It's nothing more than a detector circuit similar to what is found in a crystal radio, with a voltage doubler at its output and a few filter capacitors. You might get a few uA out of it with a few hundred feet of antenna.
Go to Top of Page

chucktaylor
Apprentece

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  4:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Send chucktaylor an ICQ Message  Send chucktaylor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pebe. so your telling me a 12v inverter in fact does not "up" the power to run 110v items. I don't understand.
Aaron, I watched your video. how is it your getting a 110v item to work. sorry guys.. I can tell ya how to build a house, compose music, and hack into anyplace. something is missing, and I aim to find it. Florida has passed the power company has to pay prime rate on the buyback. I was going to do several solar Sub-stations with back feeds. but is this Tesla system can work. the footprint will save me millions. Thanks guys.
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  04:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In electrical terms Power is measured in Watts. For all practical purposes that means Volts x Amps.

In any device that changes the voltage/current ratio, or changes between electrical and mechanical forms of power, some power is always lost due to heat or some other means, so usable power output is always less than the power input that provided it.

You can change the voltage from 12VDC to 120VAC, but you cannot increase the power.

Edited by - pebe on Mar 28 2011 08:58:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A car battery can supply 3.5A (42W) for 20 hours or about 40A (440W) for 1 hour or 700A (7000W) for a few seconds. Then the battery is destroyed by discharging too low.
A "deep-discharge" battery is not destroyed by a deep discharge but it cannot supply more than about 40A.

You can increase the power of an inverter system by using a bigger battery like one or more from a fork-lift truck.
Go to Top of Page

chucktaylor
Apprentece

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  09:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Send chucktaylor an ICQ Message  Send chucktaylor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'll scrubb the tesla system. ( for now) but won't give up on the concept. magnets seems to be the way. Thanks guys, I will keep an eye out. if something/one hits an AhHA moment.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  12:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people who live far from civilization use huge windmills or water-wheels in a river to spin generators that make electricity.
The generators have magnets in them.
Go to Top of Page

chucktaylor
Apprentece

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  06:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Send chucktaylor an ICQ Message  Send chucktaylor a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Magnets.. yes. a company in OZ has a very viable system, however it's not on the market yet. I feel the cost will be high.
I'm going to take one of my old generators and see of I can get a MAGwheel to spin in the 3500 rpm range. I'll keep yall posted on the results.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  09:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chucktaylor

Aaron, I watched your video. how is it your getting a 110v item to work. sorry guys.. I can tell ya how to build a house, compose music, and hack into anyplace. something is missing, and I aim to find it. Florida has passed the power company has to pay prime rate on the buyback. I was going to do several solar Sub-stations with back feeds. but is this Tesla system can work. the footprint will save me millions. Thanks guys.

I'm not sure which video of mine you are referring to? My original statement was a worded in a confusing way now that I go back and read it again. The viral video I mentioned is not mine. Presumably, it is produced by someone with a fairly evolved sense of humor and enough electrical knowledge to understand how to make such a convincing BS presentation. Unfortunately, the video went viral (I probably received 50 related emails and "tesla generator" was the top search term that brought people to my site last week) and reached an audience that didn't have the understanding to see that it was (hopefully!) a joke and completely an unfeasible system to provide more than a few uA of current. Sure, with a large enough antenna you could probably get enough current to charge a battery over a week or two which would light a single LED for a few hours. But then you could also do the same thing (and more efficiently) with a scrap solar panel from an old calculator. Or a Sterling engine running on sunlight turning a generator, etc. etc.

For the record, I can build a house, compose music and "hack" into most places as well. But none of these qualifications have much to do with RF electronics.

Remember: While Nikola Tesla was a brilliant person, he was also a brilliant showman and believed in some truly wrong stuff. While we can't prove that he wasn't contacted by aliens (really though, who believes that?!), keep in mind the he did believe in things like overunity and as still stuck with a primitive technological mindset involving magics of things like "the ether".

quote:

I think I'll scrubb the tesla system. ( for now) but won't give up on the concept. magnets seems to be the way. Thanks guys, I will keep an eye out. if something/one hits an AhHA moment.

Yes, magnets are of course the way! Spin a magnet inside a coil of wire, or spin a coil of wire around a magnet, and you have the most efficient mechanical way of producing electrical current: a generator.

You mentioned your generator costs about $100 a week to run. At that price it would be far cheaper to run off the grid.
Go to Top of Page

JUAN DELA CRUZ
Mad Scientist

Philippines
476 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  09:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, its been a long time!

After reading this thread I just imagine things'
. . . I mean is their a possibility to Turn or make run a Electric generator (with High Opt power maybe from powerful magnets) with an electric motor (powered from the grid with less Input power)
*the gain of power comes from the magnets (super? perhaps)

Do you think its possible? Not so feasible.. but hey! It will save energy cost right?

Yeah, of course, we know that "energy is cannot be created nor destroyed but .....can transform for one form to another".

and *INPUT = *OUTPUT HEAT (or other form of energy)

That's why. . . overunity is impossible*

Well just a simple idea. . . but useful maybe in some sort.

juan dela cruz
Penniless INVENTOR
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  9:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At The Science Centre they have a bicycle with a generator that powers a 100W light bulb. An athlete can power it for about 1 hour. But most people can power the light dimly for only a few minutes because it is hard work to make 100W of electricity.

If you use a grid-powered motor to run a generator then they both waste power by getting hot so you use more power from the grid this way. When the magnets in a generator are "super" then it is harder to turn the generator. You get more output power because it uses more input power. The input power is always more than the output power.

You lose, you do not win anything.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  10:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some related videos in no particular order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=putUnFJ6fDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7iSmC4s5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3b_fGUnaFE

BTW, if you want to win, use a freaking solar panel. Or pedal power if you really want to.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Aug 02 2011 10:21:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000