Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  09:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shivick,
A 1A transformer is much too small for an inverter. The square-wave inverter' circuit needs maybe 20W to begin working but your transformer supplies only 12W. The smallest transforer is about 10A for an output of 100W.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Shivick,
A 1A transformer is much too small for an inverter. The square-wave inverter' circuit needs maybe 20W to begin working but your transformer supplies only 12W. The smallest transforer is about 10A for an output of 100W.

well i just use these as my test purposes.. btw.... i about C1 (.1uF metalized caps) is there any subsitute for these? and, can i use MN4047 rather CD4047? an do i realy need ML358 for amp? coz when i place IC2 in place.. i only got half of the transformer running..

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  4:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A metalized film capacitor is mylar or polyester. In the Orient they are called "green caps" and 0.1uF/5% is marked "104J". I use Philips or Siemens and they are marked "100nFJ".
I think an MN4047 is made by Panasonic but I have never seen one. All American and European semiconductor manufacturers make a CD4047.
The LM358 dual opamp boosts the the two outputs of the CD4047 from its 8mA to about 20mA so the transistors have enough input current.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  07:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ei! i got my inverter working again! yey! but i have some problems with it. it seems that when i disconect one of the signal pulse from LM358 to C/H1061, i get 190 volts w/o load and 80 volts with a 10w bulb or when i disconect one line from the transformer, i get this results too. but if i connect both signal/line form transformer, the inverter doesent work... ill post some pics on my inverter.. btw. does c1 need to be polarized? coz. it sayz on its diagram that it is polarized. but mylar/polyester ones are not.

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2006 :  8:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shivick,
Instead of a center-tapped 24V transformer winding (12V-0V-12V), your transformer might have two 12V windings. They must be wired with the correct phasing to work properly in the inverter circuit.
C1 must not be polarized.
The inverter's output is a square-wave that is measured incorrectly with an ordinary voltmeter that is made to measure sine-waves.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  02:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
audioguru,
It seems that the controller itself draws a large amount of current just to feed on the C1061.. i remove the controller and try to figure out how to mimic it.... when i touch the collector terminal of c1061, the transformer generets a humming sound... and the bulb starts to glow. i measured the amount of energy that its produce and end up 170V. now... when i accidentally touched the emmitter junction of the other C1061... the noise starts humm smothly and the voltage reach @ 190V.. on one side only... i try hook up some series of resistors and it generate 170v with the annoying humm sound..

my question is.. what signal do the c1061 need to trigger its pulse?

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

yomi

Nigeria
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2006 :  2:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
using 4047 with darliton pair in oslator circuit
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
guys? can i use other types of multi vibrator in this project?

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The CD4047 IC was used as an oscillator in the 500W inverter project because it does exactly what is needed and is cheap and available:
1) It operates fine with a supply up to 18V (a transistor multivibrator has emitter-base avalanche breakdown in its transistors if the supply is more than about 6V).
2) It uses a single resistor and capacitor to oscillate fairly accurately at 100Hz or 120Hz.
3) It has a built-in flip-flop frequency divider to make outputs that have exactly 50% duty cycle at 50Hz or 60Hz.
4) One of its outputs is inverted from the other output.

There are no pulses. Each half of the center-tapped transformer winding are driven with opposite-polarity square-waves.
Go to Top of Page

akin_ralph

Nigeria
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  8:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Send akin_ralph a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, can somebody help me out on how to construct a 3000watts inverter?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2006 :  9:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An inverter to make 3kW continuously would use a whole room full of huge batteries and would cost a fortune to make. Where would you go to have a custom-made transformer made for it?
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  10:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by audioguru

The CD4047 IC was used as an oscillator in the 500W inverter project because it does exactly what is needed and is cheap and available:
1) It operates fine with a supply up to 18V (a transistor multivibrator has emitter-base avalanche breakdown in its transistors if the supply is more than about 6V).
2) It uses a single resistor and capacitor to oscillate fairly accurately at 100Hz or 120Hz.
3) It has a built-in flip-flop frequency divider to make outputs that have exactly 50% duty cycle at 50Hz or 60Hz.
4) One of its outputs is inverted from the other output.

There are no pulses. Each half of the center-tapped transformer winding are driven with opposite-polarity square-waves.

is there any other way to find if my oscillator working? can i add some LED to the pin 09 and 10? just enough to find it flipping? i have made one inverter w/o IC. (the one sir aaron diagram although i use the alternative one....) it works but my initial output is only 150volts... its a 1Amp 12v center tapped - 220 transformer but it only generates that much power... on the other hand, i use a 7.5VCT 750MA transformer and it generates around 400volts (my Digital Multimeter cant calculate so i use my old analog tester) i can lit a 10W bulb.

aniweis... im also making another set of inverters... for now. im ganna stick with this two....

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4214 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shivick21
is there any other way to find if my oscillator working? can i add some LED to the pin 09 and 10? just enough to find it flipping?

No wonder your CD4047 oscillator doesn't work. You have the wrong pin as its output. Its pin 9 (input for external reset) is supposed to be grounded and its outputs are pins 10 and 11.
I don't know which schematic you are looking at. The link to the 500W inverter project that I posted before is gone now and I can't post the schematic here.

quote:
i have made one inverter w/o IC.
i use a 7.5VCT 750MA transformer and it generates around 400volts

i can lit a 10W bulb.

The transformer has your 12V battery switched by the transistors to each 3.75V half-winding so if it is a 120VAC transformer then its output voltage is a 384VAC p-p square-wave. The transformer's power rating is only 5.6W.
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2006 :  11:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WHA~ Sorry~ im kinda sleepy that night... i just miss typed it.... there is no problem in my board layout. pin 11 and 10 is in the right place. but i dont know if the oscillator is working or not...

BTW.. I have saved somes schematics in my archives, i think the one u modified and some other inverter projects... ill just post a link here..

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page

shivick21
Apprentice

Philippines
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  12:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Send shivick21 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Audioguru Mod Inverter
http://aki21.50webs.com/500Watts_Inverter.GIF

Other Inverter Projects
http://aki21.50webs.com/Inverter01.png
And Other Inverter Projects
http://aki21.50webs.com/Inverter02.gif
here's the external Link http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt8.htm and http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt30.htm

All Credits goes to them.. ^_^

nothing anusual..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000