New Website Section: My 1976 Mazda Cosmo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  5:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It has been a long time, a very long time (if file dates are to be believed), since the basic structure of this website has changed. So it was a bit weird now to for the first time in about 10 years, change the content of the home page.

I have just added a new section to this website chronicling the restoration of my 1976 Mazda RX-5 Cosmo. This part of the site will be updated often as I am currently in the process of restoring the car and releasing the entire project as a series of YouTube episodes. I'm already up to episode 7, as those who have been following it on YouTube already know, so it was about time that this website was made up to date with my progress.

On a slightly sadder note, I have depreciated the Features section of the site. I needed room for the Cosmo area, and in truth, Features have not been updated in a few years and is now redundant thanks to Random Thoughts. While Features has been removed from the home page, for the time being it remains in the remote. Eventually it will be removed from the remote as well, but the files will always remain on the server to keep links alive.

Hey, anyone ever wonder how I generated those graphics on the home page? Well, it was with "The Print Shop Deluxe: CD-ROM Edition". I had to fire up a Windows 98 virtual machine in order to run the program and make the new graphics...ah, memories.

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  11:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool! I just watched Part 1 and I'll probably watch the others every night. I've been flat out working on a project of mine doing mostly design and research and it will be good to just watch something unrelated, like your Cosmo. It's almost 4AM, the sun will be up in a few hours so I better hit the sack. There are still parts of this website I haven't explored yet.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  10:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are parts of the website that even I have not seen in years. For example, I just added navigation bars and CAPTCHAs to the spudun section and forgot about my spudgun math page, which is really nifty.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It's been eight years according to the Wayback Machine. Beware of AaronCake day. I love these videos, they are really great, and has even pushed me a little bit to start working on some of my projects. But the videos end so suddenly then I feel disappointed.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?

Edited by - Yerboogieman on Dec 14 2010 09:57:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  01:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Laugh Out Loud! Yeah I noticed that too.

Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  6:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wasssup1990

Laugh Out Loud! Yeah I noticed that too.

Noticed what too?

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2010 :  12:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just found a copy of The Print Shop Deluxe in my shed today, still wrapped in the new plastic and packaging.

Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  02:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry I left out the I was responding to.

"But the videos end so suddenly then I feel disappointed."

Edited by - wasssup1990 on Dec 17 2010 02:01:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  10:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The videos end suddenly becuase during editing I find myself out of time. YouTube has a 15 minute length limit and it creeps up on me every time. Director accounts used to have something like a 2 hours limit but that was removed about a year ago. Now all you get with a director account is the ability to post a logo...yay.

Was the Print Shop Deluxe you found the CD-ROM edition?
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  6:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes it was CD-ROM. Ahh the good ol' days.

Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  8:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did they make a different edition besides CD-ROM back then?

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2010 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There was a floppy version which had far less clipart. And before that was the DOS version which came on both 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" disks. It would actually run right from the floppy but that meant the user had to keep swapping disks...
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2010 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Festivus! Did you put up your pole?

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2010 :  10:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes I did. And my Festivus gift to everyone was Episode 8.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2010 :  02:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is officially Aaron Cake day!

Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  11:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck with that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000