Lounge
 Thanks for encouraging me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rotary_Rocket

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to give my thanks to Aaron for his very informative tutorials and also for making his video series on the restoration of his RX-5 Cosmo (which is how I found out about him/this site).

I recently bought a RX-8 but confess that I don't really know much about working on vehicles. I know plenty about taking care of the RX-8 from a maintenance standpoint but never thought to myself, "Hey, I could rebuild this cars engine if I ever had to". After watching Aaron work on his Cosmo it made me realize that I could learn how to do this kind of work on my own vehicle if I really wanted to. Especially since I come from a similar technical background as Aaron and have the same attention to detail that he seems to have (you have to when building computers).

I think I was too concerned before about damaging the car somehow while learning how to work on it (definitely possible but with careful planning and knowledge it's avoidable). So now I am learning everything I can and will hopefully become a master of the 13B-MSP in the process. Thanks Aaron.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  11:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the videos so much and that I have been such an influence.

Yep, cars are just machines and unless something is done to create more damage, like any other machine they can be repaired and rebuilt. And once you are comfortable doing so, even the intimidating jobs become a lot less threatening.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000