Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Miscellaneous
 Announcements
 Have The Google Ads Been Sucking Lately?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  10:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've noticed in the past few weeks that the quality of the Google ads has dropped dramatically. They are far more generic and thus intrusive and annoying. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have filtered out that annoying Dell ad but honestly I can't filter out every unwanted ad manually. I'm going to email my contact at Google and ask what's going on.

cyclopsitis
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
732 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cyclopsitis's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I havn't noticed anything but I don't come on here and really look at the adds I just come on here to look at posts.
Go to Top of Page

Happy Dude
Apprentece

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Happy Dude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, Firefox and AdBlock Plus won't let me see them. :D
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  09:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The only reason I noticed is because they normally would blend well into the content. But when they start displaying Dell Computers, IMVU (whatever that is) and Arab Dating services, they stick out like a sore thumb and are annoying.

Whatever the issues was, it seems to have fixed itself.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  9:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were the Arab dating girls really ugly?

I have never noticed the ads. Sometimes I see something moving but I ignore it.
Go to Top of Page

chandan.ahluwalia
Apprentice

India
126 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  4:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dell add is still here
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  5:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I find it amusing that an add for Google adsense is in the ads.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  09:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently working on an update to the site. One of the things I'd like to do is make the ads disappear for registered users.

I'll pay attention and see if I can spot the Dell ad.

Adsense sometimes runs in circles. My favourite is when an ad appears for a product that a thread is bashing. For example, the HHO thread was advertising for Water4Gas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000