Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crxdreamer

1 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  11:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I want to build something like below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sca0UjjXEO4

I searched and couldn't find any schematics. I can fix an IR sensor to detect the pedals' distance to the floor and based on that drive the LEDs?

However no idea about how the circuit should be.

Any help is appreciated

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  10:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh for all that might be holy, why?! No one will ever see it because it's covered by your foot.

Now there are two easy ways I can think of doing this:

-read the signal line from the TPS and just connect it to a circuit like the LED bar graph on this website. If the car has a full range TPS that's an easy source of a 0-5V (roughly) signal corresponding to the throttle pedal position. Only works while the ECU is powered up.

-add a second TPS sensor to the throttle pedal itself, and use the same circuit. This would be independently powered so it could operate regardless of whether the car is powered on. In that case, the circuit is the easiest part. Figuring out how to mechanically attach a TPS sensor to your pedal mechanism would be the challenge.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000