Centertapped primary step up transformer problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott McKie

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  12:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to build a 12 vdc to 153 vac - 200 mA output step up transformer system. I'm using a 555 into a 4027 to generate the dual 50/50 duty cycle square wave signals. The outputs are going through 4020 4 Amp MOSFET drivers into two IRF740 MOSFETs. The signals are beautiful until connected to the transformer which has been unwound and rewound with Lits Wire to gain the required AC voltage level output. But the system seems to only work when only one input signal is connected. When both signals are connected; there is no operation shown on a CRT screen; both levels are at ground level. What am I doing incorrectly.

Please help; as this is the last part of a very long but successful electric power R&D project. The 153 AC voltage will be rectified to 108 vdc to be used for the high voltage input to a resonant tank circuit; and if there is a better way to get the required AC voltage and amperage, then I am all ears. Please help.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2013 :  10:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It would help greatly if you post the schematic.

Are you lacking flyback diodes in parallel with the primary windings?

What happens if you swap a low value resistor in place of the inductive load?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000