Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 63

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Gaza strip is the Middle-East jail.
Are you talking about using an inverter with a 700W load and powering it with a 100Ah car battery?
The battery current will be about 67A and the battery charge will last only about an hour.
The battery might boil dry before its charge runs out.

If the 700W inverter is very efficient then if it has a 100W load a 100Ah battery charge will last for 10 hours.

Where are you going to find the schematic and parts list for a 700W inverter that works?
Go to Top of Page

khaled125
Apprentece

18 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  2:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send khaled125 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No am not talking about 700W inverter.talking about 120W inverter using a car battery 60A.
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  6:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the schematic of the 120W inverter?

A 120W inverter will draw about 12A from a 12V battery when it has a 120W load.
The charge on a little 60Ah battery will last about 3 or 4 hours.

A little 60Ah battery is used on a little motor-bike. You should use a real powerful battery made for a big American car.
Go to Top of Page

steamingt

Nigeria
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you people think the stuffs will work if I try it?
I hate wasting time on what surppose to be ever ready circuit.

thonnybee
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What "stuffs" are you talking about?
Some circuits work because they are designed properly and other circuits don't work (guess why not).
Go to Top of Page

willhse

1 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  6:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its better use a 555. use 3 pin to 33 ohm to B, use 3 pin to 1000 ohm to pnp thans. C on pnp to 50 ohm to other trans. forget those 68's. If I can find how to put schematic up....
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  7:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Willhse, can you re-phrase that to make sense?
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  9:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A simple inverter uses two Mosfets or power transistors in push-pull driving a center-tapped transformer.
The Mosfets have a low drive current so they can be driven from a Cmos oscillator IC that has opposite outputs.
The transistors have a high drive current so they need driver transistors to boost their input current then they can be driven from a Cmos IC that has opposite outputs.
The CD4047 Cmos IC is an oscillator with opposite outputs. A 555 is not.
Go to Top of Page

meerojak

1 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before this thread comes to an end, i read all replies from page 1 to the last page. whew! At least i got ideas. But i need an answer to this querry.
I need to light up a 10W, 0.230A fluorescent tube with a small 12v, 7.0 Ah lead acid battery. Does the schematic circuit modified by audioguru works in this just use a suitable transformer? What would the spec of that transformer would be? I used a DC choke 12v for 20W fluorescent tube, and it overheat when my load is only 10W. When I use a DC choke for 8W, my 10W fluorescent tube lights dimly. Any suggestions? thank you very much.

anthony
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 20W fluorescent tube needs a ballast for a 20W fluorecent tube. The ballast operates from the mains voltage and provides a high voltage to start the tube to light and limits the current.

Compact fluorescent light bulbs have an electronic ballast that steps up the voltage and provides a high voltage to start the tube to light and limits the current.

An inverter operating from 12V can supply mains voltage for either type of fluorescent light's ballast.
I have seen many inverters that use a center-tapped transformer.
I have never seen an inverter that uses a DC choke.

You said you tried a circuit with DC chokes that didn't work. Then please attach the schematic of the circuit so we can see what is wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Binary 1011001101
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
569 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  3:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to find any CCFL inverter schematics on the net so I can only give you this advise:

CCFL dirvers are quite complex, the tubes require a quick spike to get the tube ionized, once it is ionized it is a low resistance so current limiting is needed and a constant high voltage to keep it ionized...

There may be a way of driving it "hard" that I don't know of...

Also, whats with the massive space below your message?
Go to Top of Page

sanctajoe

Nigeria
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  6:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
h'llo Audioguru,can I uz another op-amp like PAO4(200w 20A) to boost the current feed-in to the driver transistor stage ?

sanctajoe
Go to Top of Page

audioguru
Nobel Prize Winner

Canada
4218 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  8:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PA-04 has many transistors and Mosfets and is not nedded for an inverter.
A 500W square-wave inverter just needs 2 power Mosfets driving a center-tapped transformer and driven from a CD4047 oscillator.
Go to Top of Page

lessthanchris1

1 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  01:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Send lessthanchris1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've made it through 20 pages, and I give up. Do you have a working 12V to 120V inverter plan in the 500W-1000W range?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

tim
Mad Scientist

198 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2007 :  10:51:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think we all would agree by now that its much easier to just go out and buy a 12 volt 1000 watt inverter .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 63 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000