Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Electronics
 Telephone
 Connecting a PC Gamer's Headset to phone line?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  06:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok folks heres the deal...

I have a PC Gamer's Headset i use for listening to music and gaming on my pc. I wish to build a small device that connects to the phone line and has connections for the headsets headphone and mic plugs and a hook on/off switch so that i can use it to answer incomming calls if it wish. The headset already has its own volume control for the headphone but a gain control for the mic would be handy too. Diagram below to give u an idea of what i mean.

Thanks,

Dave Pusey.

Edited by - davepusey on May 19 2004 06:01:08 AM

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love that UK phone plug.

Honestly, it will be pretty cheap to find an old "speaker phone" and rip out the guts...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  09:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I love that UK phone plug.

Honestly, it will be pretty cheap to find an old "speaker phone" and rip out the guts...

I just wanna built a simple tiny little circuit that'll fit into a project box. Doesnt need to ring, or dial, or anything else, just provide hook switching and a headset interface with mic gain control.

Dave Pusey.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  11:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
perhaps i could get a corded phone and connect a 3.5mm jack socket in place of the speaker, and another socket in place of the mic. Then replace the hook switch assembly with a simple toggle switch.

Would that do it?

Dave Pusey.

Edited by - davepusey on May 19 2004 11:59:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

cirvin
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
1542 Posts

Posted - May 19 2004 :  4:17:50 PM  Show Profile  Send cirvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wont hurt to try. Some older fones (corded) use special carbon microfones and speakers, but the newer ones shoud be fine.

http://daxter12.topcities.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  03:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wont hurt to try. Some older fones (corded) use special carbon microfones and speakers, but the newer ones shoud be fine.

http://daxter12.topcities.com

This is a scan of the mic in the phone im ripping apart. How do i connect my 3-pin electrec mic connection to my two wires in the phone?

Dave Pusey.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  09:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The reason I suggested pulling apart a speakerphone is because many cheap (and all older phones) use strange microphone/speaker combinations. Some of them can simply be replaced with the parts you need, some cannot. The boards in phones (even speaker phones) are generally very small. You can always pull of the ringer, keypad, etc.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
DELETED (Inactive)

27 Posts

Posted - May 20 2004 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The reason I suggested pulling apart a speakerphone is because many cheap (and all older phones) use strange microphone/speaker combinations. Some of them can simply be replaced with the parts you need, some cannot. The boards in phones (even speaker phones) are generally very small. You can always pull of the ringer, keypad, etc.

Thats what i plan to do. I have one of these one-piece (everything in the handset) phones that i've ripped apart. Also, I've been getting a lot of extra help [url=http://www.electro-tech-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=9266]here[/url] too so perhaps you should read what we've worked out so far.

Dave Pusey.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000