Electronics
 Sound/Radio
 digitally controlled analog audio potentiometer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mateo69

1 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  12:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Send mateo69 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I am new here to the forums. I am a musician and I've always enjoyed tinkering with guitar electronics, but I don't have a real electronics background. I am trying to design a circuit but I have no idea how to go about doing it. Here's what I am trying to do...most regular guitars use passive pickups that are controlled with a mechanical pickup selection switch or "blended" with an analog potentiometer. I would like to be able to digitally control the pickup "blending" and also be able to "blend" back and forth at different rates of speed (would that be considered oscillating?) that would be controlled by another potentiometer. If there could be an on/off switch and a potentiometer to control the rate of blending and maybe a LED that would flash at the same rate. Is this even possible? It seems like such an easy concept, but of course I have no real idea of what it would take to do this. If anyone could either help me with this or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Mateo

musicman1234

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  4:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, I am new here too - today actually, but here is a link to Arons digital Volume control... http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/volume.asp which looks interesting from a musicians standpoint and

Other projects are here

http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/index.asp#2

for other audio/sound projects. I think the fuzz and the Tone control might be worth checkin out too:)

Thanks to Aron for the great soldering video. It was really super helpful !

Edited by - musicman1234 on Jan 28 2010 4:08:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've actually built both these circuits for a local musician for use in his (custom, he built it) guitar. They worked out well.

Now, to make the digital volume controller go up and down automatically, you will need to add an oscillator, counter and toggle. The oscillator supplies a pulse train which is fed through the toggle to the "up" volume button. The counter keeps track of those pulses, then swaps the toggle when they reach a certain point to the "down" button. Take a look at the light chaser circuit for an idea of a counter and oscillator.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000