New Project: Digital Copper Shop Clock
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  4:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A new project was just added, a digital copper clock I made for my shop. Using a Cana Kit digital clock kit and a hand made copper case, I created it in the style of an old "EXIT" sign.

Next up is either a really cool new project (which will take a while to write up), a new RX-7 howto or a few changes to make navigation through the circuits easier. I have not decided yet.

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2009 :  6:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have an EXIT sign on my wall, but it's just the faceplate.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

pebe
Nobel Prize Winner

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  02:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yerboogieman

I have an EXIT sign on my wall, but it's just the faceplate.

I have a piece of string but its not too much enough.....
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  11:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I was about 10 I found a box full of exit signs in the garbage. I only grabbed one (wish I had them all now) but modified it to detect darkness with an photoresistor and simple two transistor circuit, then hung it above my bedroom door.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  11:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish you grabbed all of them also, that way when i steal your RX7, i can grab the one's you leave in the garage.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  08:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My workshop has a window and a door, so it's pretty easy to know which one is the exit. There isn't a need for an exit sign.

LOL!

What's up with the exit signs guys? Do you find it hard to locate the way out of your bedroom? Hehe!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

boron
Mad Scientist

Canada
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  4:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
so it's pretty easy to know which one is the exit

In some cases, I would consider both to be exits.
Go to Top of Page

wasssup1990
Nobel Prize Winner

A Land Down Under
2261 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  7:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit wasssup1990's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh god. Yes... The window can be used if the door won't open.

This is so lame.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity.
When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
Go to Top of Page

boron
Mad Scientist

Canada
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  7:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2009 :  11:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Exit signs are cool, they are a perfect decoration for a door. A building was torn down next to my RX-7 shop and I spent about an hour digging through the rubble looking for exit signs, but no joy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000