Navigation/Search Bars Added To The Circuits
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  09:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last night I updated the circuits templates with a top navigation and search bar. The navigation bar shows the full path of the circuit with links back to the category, circuits page and finally the home page. I think it will really improve some of the navigation which has been lacking a bit on this site for a long time. Eventually, this bar will be integrated into all pages on the site when I work out some of the minor formatting kinks.

The search box leads to a Google search under my account, so it is set up to search aaroncake.net. This should make it a hell of a lot easier to find information on the site. In the past I have played around with hosting my own search but it really is hard to beat the Google index.

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  10:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And a day later, I removed the navigation bars due to formatting issues. Google uses a style sheet linked via a JavaScript on their custom search box, which I can't override. It forces the box to be white, but my text is very close to white. You can see the problem. I guess I didn't test like I should have.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  12:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't even get to try it.

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  10:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They will be back soon. I will just not show the search box until Google gets back to me about whether I can change their style sheet.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  09:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tuesday night I added the navigation bars back (but still no search box) and also fixed a few issues on the Megasquirt writeup.

Next update will fix a few circuit errors. Then I think I will simultaneously work on the out of date and stupid "About Myself" page and add a new RX-7 modding writeup.
Go to Top of Page

Yerboogieman
Nobel Prize Winner

USA
577 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  1:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Yerboogieman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I can't wait to read more about you.. (sarcasm). That would be cool to put something in place of my ashtray. External USB hard drive maybe? I'll have to check out the navigation bars.

Personally, I like the search engine Cuil http://www.cuil.com/ pernounced 'cool'.

It is by some people who worked at Google. That would be cool to use

If you don't have the time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over?
Go to Top of Page

Aaron Cake
Administrator

Canada
6717 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  11:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Aaron Cake's Homepage  Send Aaron Cake an ICQ Message  Send Aaron Cake a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For some reason, people want to read about me. I don't know why. I consider that page more a liability since it has to constantly be updated as I am updated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Aaron's Homepage Forum © 1995-2020 AARONCAKE.NET Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000